Try this!

Breakfast Sandwich

Ingredients:
    1 Arnold Sandwich Thins Multi-Grain Roll
    1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
    2 slices Canadian bacon
    2 egg whites (scrambled or fried)

Preparation:
    Toast both halves of the sandwich thin; spread cheese over each half. Put eggs and Canadian bacon over one half; top with remaining half.

Approximate nutritional stats:
    209 calories, 24 g carbs, 4 g fat, 21 g protein, 27 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber

is this in the food bank .. ??

deff have this bad boy in da morning ... ; )

thx !!
  • fitforme
    Options
    rogers porridge with flax seed, wheat germ with mixed berries
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of "breakfast" foods either........found a few new choices in the hungry girl books, breakfast bars w/ oatmeal and dried fruit, a wrap using la tortilla whole wheat tortillas, laughing cow low fat cheese, sauteed spinach and mushrooms. both are pretty good. in a pinch, I toast 1/2 whole wheat bagel, add some 2% cheddar and a slice of jones dairy 97% lean ham, pop it in the micro for 30 secs and voila, breakfast!!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    OMELET:

Egg beaters of egg whites (2)
    chopped bell pepper
    chopped tomato
    chopped onion
    2 tbsp fat free or 2 %cheese
    Diced ham

Stove top: Spray small skillet with pam, heat pan, add eggs. When eggs are almost done add veggies and ham. You can either add cheese before taking off the stove or fold over and add cheese after moved to the plate. Approximately 175 cal/serving depending on eggs and cheese.

SMOOTHIE:

1 cup Frozen Berries (either berry blend or strawberries)
    1 medium banana
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 cup ice
    1 packet of sweet 'n low or splenda

Place in blender and mix until smooth.

ENGLISH MUFFIN SANDWICH:

Whole Grain 100 cal muffin
    ham
    1 fried egg or use egg beaters
    1/2 slice cheese

Brown muffin in toaster
    Fry egg and brown ham in skillet
    Add egg and ham to muffin and top with cheese

My kids love these!
  • sh2010
    sh2010 Posts: 12
    Options
    Toast - Weight Watchers whole wheat bread is only 50 calories a slice with a little peanutbutter, jam or margarine on it with some fruit is usually what I go for.

That or oatmeal, which I don't really like either, but it keeps me satisfied until lunch time.
  • kaboodah
    Options
    This kind of goes on the english muffin/egg/canadian bacon line. I have one of those big city sliders. All I do is make up the eggs, then put the sandwich together and put them in individual bags. In the morning, I can microwave it for 30 sec. and i am out the door. I think it just might be cheaper to use the real eggs than to buy the patties. Bon Appitite!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I dont' like breakfast food either...so most of the time I have leftovers from the night before. For example I had baked chicken breast last night for dinner, and I sliced one up and put it in a tortilla, put a little spghetti sauce on it, nuked it, and ate it...quick and simple!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My problem in the morning is time: I know it's not all-natural or organic - but Jimmy Dean makes these frozen morning D-Lites. They are a turkey sausage patty, low-fat cheese and egg whites on a whole wheat english muffin...

They are around 250 calories, 8 grams of fat and around 20 grams of protein. Keep me full til lunch and they seem to stay together better than my home made versions of the same dish - so I can munch on them as I run out the door...and on my way to work. They only take a minute and half in the microwave so I pop them in as I'm getting ready to leave...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I usually have a chocolate Ensure, or a banana, or both. Peanut butter on toast is good. Peanut butter on toast with sliced banana is even tastier!

I really encourage a liquid meal replacement if you have no time in the morning. I've tried Boost, Slim Fast, and Ensure. IMO, Ensure tastes the best. It's also reasonably low sodium.

HTH!
  • Wyldcat89
    Options
    Yoplait makes smoothies in a bag, all you do is put it in the blender and add milk for desired thickness. They have a couple of flavors and they're very tasty. I like these for breakfast when I'm short on time.
  • MandaJoy2010
    Options
    I loved your quote... it gave me the fuzzy warm feeling. lol
  • MulattoFox
    Options
    What's all this stuff about eggs? I totally know what you mean about the oatmeal and cereal thing.. You want something thats quick and works? STORE BRAND slim-fast shakes.. Target has a good one, Costco and Walmart. Why these are better than the brand name? They have regular sugar, and none of those weird additives I can't pronounce for the most part.. It's quick and it's a meal in my purse!
  • alicemenzies
    alicemenzies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this isnt breakfast food, but if you freeze some bananas and any other fruit, then blend them with a tiny bit of apple juice it makes the best icecream! but you have to have bananas or it doesnt work.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    How about egg white french toast?

Take a slice or two of your favorite whole grain bread. Dip it in some egg beaters egg whites, or real egg whites. Hit your pan with a little bit of cooking spray, and as it is cooking dust it with a little cinnamon and nutmeg! You could do a dab of sugar free syrup if you can't eat it plain!
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How about anything you would have for dinner or lunch? One of my favs when I am traveling is a cheeseburger. I have also brought boca burgers & multigrain buns to work & made them there. Everyone thinks I am nuts, but it certainly keeps me full for a lot longer than the donuts everyone else is eating. Also, I have brought Kashi waffles & had w/peanut butter for breakfast at work.:happy:
  • ldeasy
    ldeasy Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite breakfast lately is:
    1/4 cup egg beaters, I add a little shredded cheese and bell pepper seasoning, cook that up, take a garden veggie burger, and a Thomas brand light multi-grain muffin and put it together like an egg mcmuffin. It's a little under 200 calories, but it keeps me full until lunch and morning time is when I could munch nonstop!
  • sandymax
    Options
    I like Muller vanilla Yoghurt poured over a handful of Berries & Cherries & some pumkin and sunflower seeds and a couple of chopped nuts - keeps me going all morning is quick and really tasty :0)
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In the past breakfast mainly consisted of an egg sandwich or muffin from Dunkin' Donuts. Now I am hooked on Weight Control Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal (I know you said that you prefer anything other than oatmeal and cereal). I will also have a cup of lowfat Yoplait strawberry yogurt with a 1/2 cup of Bare Naked Nut granola. The oatmeal is only 160 calories and is high in dietary fiber so it is filling. The yogurt and granola is about 300 calories but tastes delicious.
  • tangledsky
    Options
    Wow... I am kind of surprised at all the eggs, bacon, carbs, etc., reponses going on here...

What about fruit? Plain fruit, fruit salad, fruit with peanut butter or cottage cheese for protein, or fruit with yogurt for calcium and cultures. Fruit is high in natural sugars so the benefit of eating it in the morning is that it boosts your energy levels - naturally!

Also, you might be shocked how much fruit you can eat while staying under 150 calories (250, if you add peanut butter, cottage cheese, or yogurt)! It will fill you up and keep you full for much longer than those processed breakfast sandwiches...

For a true Green Smoothie (and to reap the benefits touted from a Green Smoothie) all ingredients should be raw and it should not include any dairy. A good Green Smoothie is 60% fruit, 40% vegetables. One of the easiest and best tasting is simply bananas and romaine.. Other options include bananas, berries, and spinach; pineapple, mango and any dark leafy green you like. To each smoothie you want to add 1-2 cups of ice cold water (or half water, half ice chips). If using water is not sweet enough for you, substitute half the water with apple juice. Here is a great resource: http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes.htm
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love Nutrigrain Whole Wheat Low Fat waffles, I toast em, spray them with I can't believe it's not butter spray and a drizzle of lite syrup. 2 is only like 140 calories and another 40-50 for the syrup. I sometimes cut up a banana on top and do peanut butter instead of syrup and a glass of OJ. That is if I'm not in a hurry. Otherwise it's some kind of breakfast bar (quaker apple crisp are my favorite and suprisingly filling) with a glass of OJ or milk and banana.