The downers and haters

Options
Why do people have to have an opinion on my weight loss goals?! This morning my mother in law asked me what weight I want to get to. Ummm, none of your business! Then she said "Well don't lose too much weight, you're losing weight around your face, don't get too haggard". Does this mean I already look somewhat haggard?
Why is it always skinny people who tell you "don't lose too much weight." Do they not want you to join their little club???
Anyone else have this experience?

Replies

• iron93
    Options
    haters gonna hate.
    ignore the comments, they have no substance in your life.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Iron93 is right. Haters ARE gonna hate.

Weightloss can be very revealing, and somewhat sadly can separate the men from the boys in terms of those close to you.

Some see someone's weightloss as a driver, an inspiration. Some see it as something to be happy about, to support their friend and encourage them. Others see it as a big fat mirror being held up and it either inspires them to do something about their problems, or resent you for doing something about yours. Jealousy makes folk nasty.

Head high and ignore (if you learn to do this, please let me know!). These people aren't worth your time or energy.