Progress - 153cm / 105kg (5'/231lb) down to 91.2kg (201lb)!

Options
I'm still a work in progress and have lost nowhere near as much as many of you here, but I wanted to show my progress thus far. I had initially promised to post a thread once I reached 15kg (33lb) down but I had such an awesome moment on Friday that I simply knew I had to give back to the community somehow...

When I started my journey, I weighed 105kg (231lb) and couldn't run for longer than 15 seconds - even 15 seconds resulted in me huffing and puffing and needing a couple of minutes to recover. The awesome people on my friends list have seen me go from being unable to run 15 seconds to posting about running for a minute, then two minutes... And last Friday they saw me post about running my first 5km!

I still run ridiculously slowly, but hey, no matter how slowly I go, I'm still going faster than I was on the couch.

Please indulge me in my "Oscar moment" because I would like to thank a few people for making this possible, namely my AMAZING trainer, Sam the Sadist - I am an incredibly difficult person and it's not made any easier by my Social Anxiety Disorder. However Sam doesn't put up with my *kitten* and always knows exactly how to get the best out of me. Also a HUGE thank you to my awesome gym buddy Frankatja for dragging me to the gym twice a day and my colleague Andy for always asking me how gym went and encouraging me to push myself even harder the next day.

Of course, the biggest thank you is to MFP - I have been trying to lose weight for YEARS and it hasn't been possible until now... An especially big thank you to Darla (thistimeismytime) and Crisandersen27 for brightening up my news feed with awesome posts (and song lyrics!) and for being my eye candy!

Please excuse the big black blobs over my face. I have anxiety issues... But you know what? I'm getting better - one step at a time!

Before_zps158a9890.jpg

During_zpse53698c1.jpg

Replies

• FranKatja
    FranKatja Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Am so unbelievably proud of you! :D Looking fabulous ! xxx
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! I'm currently 110kg and you have helped remind me of how great you can look even at 90kg :smile:
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think you are amazing. So many of us don't have the obstacles to deal with that you overcome daily. Actually, TWICE daily, at the gym (I'm sure that you overcome your challenges many more times each day!!). It is easy to take things for granted, and to forget that often the only underlying issue for most of us is time management, motivation or procrastination. Here you are gritting your teeth and getting out there, AND achieving!!

You look incredible, and by the time you reach your personal goal, you will have overcome so much, and be a much stronger person. What you are learning about yourself is incredible, and the fact that you are openly sharing this and owning your issues is pretty humbling. Thank you for sharing, and for benefitting all of us with your strength and example. Good luck on your journey, and I'm so glad you have people around you cheering you on and accepting you for you.

Very interested to keep an eye out for your continuing progress - I wish you all the best!!

Wil xx
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Wowsers you look amazing already and well done on the 5k, that is amazing!
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Frannikins!

Thank you Kerrylou45! I'm really short, so that doesn't help. 90kg would look great on someone with even 5cm (2 inches) more than I have!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    And the Oscar goes to......

You are looking amazing! Well done!
  • TrekkieChic
    Options
    I think you are amazing. So many of us don't have the obstacles to deal with that you overcome daily. Actually, TWICE daily, at the gym (I'm sure that you overcome your challenges many more times each day!!). It is easy to take things for granted, and to forget that often the only underlying issue for most of us is time management, motivation or procrastination. Here you are gritting your teeth and getting out there, AND achieving!!

You look incredible, and by the time you reach your personal goal, you will have overcome so much, and be a much stronger person. What you are learning about yourself is incredible, and the fact that you are openly sharing this and owning your issues is pretty humbling. Thank you for sharing, and for benefitting all of us with your strength and example. Good luck on your journey, and I'm so glad you have people around you cheering you on and accepting you for you.

Very interested to keep an eye out for your continuing progress - I wish you all the best!!

Wil xx

Thank you soooo much! It is very hard sometimes to put myself out there, but the pain of going on as I was before was greater than the pain of putting myself out there, so I had to do it. I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by amazing people who care so much about me.

Thank you AnnieMC77 and SarahCW1979!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Fantastic. You should be so proud.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Looking good, keep it up!
  • TrekkieChic
    Options
    Thank you, Libbyly and Zachatta!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Girl you've done amazing work! You should be very proud of yourself--you are looking HAWT girlfriend! Thank you so much for the shout-out--I'm really honored. :blushing:
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You are looking awesome! You can really see the progress you've made so far! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can be so proud of yourself!
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job TrekkieChic,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Great job...Why block your faces? I would be so pround to show my new self off!! Congrats : )
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Stunning !
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! Congratulations! :)
  • TrekkieChic
    Options
    Double post!
  • TrekkieChic
    Options
    Thank you Darla - you really are SUCH an inspiration!! Also thank you to D3mon4ngel, Debra, Annokoye, Christine, Goonas and Kel!

This is just the beginning!!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, wonderful job! Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!