In need of some Motivation..

Options
Have been a regular in MFP for more than a month. Have achieved what I aimed for but now I am lacking the same zest to keep it Up.In dire need of some pep-talk and tips to keep going at it. Hope to find some help :)

P.S: I am geek by profession and a noob as far as diet is concerned.HELP ME !!

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Great job in achieving your goal so far.....you can definitely maintain it.....feel free to add me, I'm on here daily
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Are you seeking motivation to keep going or are you in dire need of a crash course in nutrition?
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and exercise regularly, your body will want and crave healthy food instead of junk! Good Luck!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Achieve whatever goals you set. If this is what you want, then be happy with it.

That being said, if you want to go further you will have to make certain sacrifices.

Live how you want.
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    Great work keep it up n feel free to add me :)
  • Bebunt
    Options
    @Sick_Beard : Motivation to keep exercising and some dietary help as my diet is getting monotonous by the day. A sneek peek into the diary would be helpfull as well.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Motivation to keep exercising and some dietary help as my diet is getting monotonous by the day. A sneek peek into the diary would be helpfull as well.

In regards to your diet, as long as you are consuming less calories than you are burning, you can eat generally whatever you want.

If you are lifting regularly , you should probably get a decent amount of protein (I shoot for 100g personally, but that isn't a magic number or anything), if not than it really doesn't matter.

Those being said; you should never get bored with your diet, because you can ALWAYS switch it up as long as you are under your number. For example if you wanted to go to (insert fast food restaurant here) for lunch, go for it, just make sure you do not go over your number.

Are you looking for specific foods or recipes?
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    Have been a regular in MFP for more than a month. Have achieved what I aimed for but now I am lacking the same zest to keep it Up.In dire need of some pep-talk and tips to keep going at it. Hope to find some help :)

A geek you say....

exercise.png

I'd recommend signing up for a 5k or 10k run, it's a commitment, a line in the sand and if you start raising money for charity..... there'll be no going back :smile:
  • Bebunt
    Options

A geek you say....

exercise.png

I'd recommend signing up for a 5k or 10k run, it's a commitment, a line in the sand and if you start raising money for charity..... there'll be no going back :smile:

Honestly there ain't many events In mumbai. I am running the Mumbai marathon(full) but that's about it.
  • Bebunt
    Options
    Motivation to keep exercising and some dietary help as my diet is getting monotonous by the day. A sneek peek into the diary would be helpfull as well.

In regards to your diet, as long as you are consuming less calories than you are burning, you can eat generally whatever you want.

If you are lifting regularly , you should probably get a decent amount of protein (I shoot for 100g personally, but that isn't a magic number or anything), if not than it really doesn't matter.

Those being said; you should never get bored with your diet, because you can ALWAYS switch it up as long as you are under your number. For example if you wanted to go to (insert fast food restaurant here) for lunch, go for it, just make sure you do not go over your number.

Are you looking for specific foods or recipes?

I am not much of gym person. I prefer playing a sport to pumping iron. Usually i play soccer,TT(ping-pong),Badminton and cycling. For strength training I do free weight exercises :)
    I am not looking for diet as per se but rather i can catch something from what others are incorporating in their meals.