Winter

It's fast apprpaching here. This means:

It's harder to make the effort to go out to the gym
Going for a cycle on a beautiful summer's day is great. Not so much on a wet, cold winter's evening!
Massive incentive to get that 'Beach body' in the spring and summer. It's covered up most of the winter!
Thin, flimsy summer clothes are another incentive. Thick wooly jumpers are not!
More time in doors - more chances to eat!
Etc etc

I usually put on a fair few pounds over the winter months, not this time though right?
Help me out - motivation for winter please!!!

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    I love winter, rock out in the sauna in the mornings with a refreshing shower before starting my workout.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    I love winter, rock out in the sauna in the mornings with a refreshing shower before starting my workout.

yeah good start - sauna!

Skiing - winter motivation to stay fit and not too heavy
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    I don't have a gym membership, but I think I'm going to get a 3 months membership for the winter, or just stick to the plan of doing lots of pilates and yoga. There's no choice but do to indoors activity.

I think - get someone to work out with, my roomate and I are going to go to the gym together so that we'd motivate each other.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    I don't have a gym membership, but I think I'm going to get a 3 months membership for the winter, or just stick to the plan of doing lots of pilates and yoga. There's no choice but do to indoors activity.

I think - get someone to work out with, my roomate and I are going to go to the gym together so that we'd motivate each other.

oh that's a definate motivator

My wife and I now workout together. It's not idea, I push her too hard, and she doesn't push me enough, but it still works!