Do you find that you are really hungry right before your per

Options
Hi ladies,
I have noticed the last few months that I am very very hungry in the week leading up to my period. Has anyone else experianced this?

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I am always like that the week before! :tongue:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Nope...and I'm pretty lucky on that standpoint...it's the week after for me. I actually feel kinda crappy in the week leading up the TOM.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I get ravenous a few days before. I normally have to find things to do outside my house so I don't eat all day!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh....YEAH! It's terrible! Lol.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Yes! Hungry and craving the things I shouldn't be eating. That's a rough couple of days sometimes. I'm an emotional eater, so when I'm a little down, stressed or tired, thats when I want to eat the worst but tastiest foods for some reason.

Hang in there! :happy:
  • Elizzi
    Elizzi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is my biggest downfall! I seriously eat like a hog the week before and the first day of my period.
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    omg, YES. This is the first time I have really noticed it. Just have to keep strong willpower!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yep!! Me too!! Going through that now. I just ate lunch 1/2 an hour ago and I really wish I had some change to go raid the vending machine. I'm going to do my best to wait until later in the afternoon and then just eat my snack.
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yep. i walk around with a bag of baby carrotts. they seem to help. although, nothing helps like chocolate, unfortunately.
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    I eat EVERYTHING! I really want sweets bad! such a bad down fall!
  • adrienneflamm
    Options
    Absolutely! I struggle with this every month. I did some searching around on the internet awhile back to see what I could do to make it better and have found lists of foods that help combat the PMS cravings and symptoms for that matter. They say to eat every 3 hours in small portions and for those snacks/meals to include complex carbs and B6 foods. Some complex carbs are: oats, corn, yams, peas, beans, lentils, carrots, pasta, brown rice, potatoes, root vegetables, pita bread, whole grain cereals. Some B6 foods are: spinach, banana, red and green peppers, peanuts, cashews, potatoes, and bacon. You want to reduce your caffeine, refined sugar, and sodium intake at this time as those also lead to cravings. Drink lots and lots of water. It's also a good idea to get lots of exercise in at that time too (eventhough you might not feel like it)... plus it keeps you far away from the fridge :)

I found that concentrating on trying to stick to the recommendations also keeps my brain busy and keeps the cravings from being there are often. Let me know if you have any questions!

Adrienne
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    I find I crave sugar like it's oxygen the week before/during. It's such a pain in the butt.

Anyone have a cure for this? LOL!
  • mrspalmer320
    Options
    yes! i crave salt more than anything..so i have to keep from running to the store to by chips or other salty items.
    its hard to combat that while trying to lose a few pounds.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm just ornery, whiney, and in pain.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Omgosh....YES. And its one of those hungries that I cant figure out what I'm really hungry for so nothing I eat ever satifies me. Its aweful.

I'm going to try some of the B6 and carb ideas mentioned a couple posts back and see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i always call myself the "bottomless pit"right before if get my t.o.m. i could eat forever and not get full. I usually do something to treat myself and make me feel special instead of resisting the feeling. Fighting that unnatural feeling isn't worth it to me.
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Can't get enough to eat a couple days before. And I go through the sterotypical cravings (salt, sweet). In addition, I have "out of body" experiences as far as short temper and weeping sessions. Which drives me crazy because any other time, I'm very even tempered and usually just go with the flow. Just another "challenge" for the weight loss journey of women! Know you're not alone.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I always feel that way leading up to my TOM! I crave junk food so I have to be carefull
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    yeah ur not alone there i always munch alot bfre mine, it goes away once iv started but its hard not to overboard so im like others i try to keep busy if i can. iv still got that trial ahead of me if i can get thru my period and still eat right then i know il b able to do this :smile:
  • jgarrett77
    Options
    Before and during, also I can get in the worst moods. I try and make it to where i am by myself so I only have myself to make mad. I cant stand it.