Yom Kipper anyone?

Options
Any other Jews out there that will be fasting after dinner toninght until the break fast tmrw night? Shouldl i blow all 1200 calories at dinner tmrw? Or scale it back? Also, should i pack in extra calories tonight at dinner? I"m not sure what to do!?

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Do you normally eat a big meal at your pre-Kol Nidre dinner before Yom Kippur? Then go ahead. Although 1,200 calories at a go would be a lot for some people.

I'm not Jewish, but I've known many Jews.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That would be super hard. Usually it's recommended to eat something small that's easy to digest, like soup, and only later get more dense foods, because after you've not eaten for 24 hours it will be difficult for you to digest so much.

Personally I don't fast, but I think you can have a big dinner tonight, but take it easy tomorrow night and not binge, otherwise it might be quite painful for your tummy...

Good luck!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    That would be super hard. Usually it's recommended to eat something small that's easy to digest, like soup, and only later get more dense foods, because after you've not eaten for 24 hours it will be difficult for you to digest so much.

Personally I don't fast, but I think you can have a big dinner tonight, but take it easy tomorrow night and not binge, otherwise it might be quite painful for your tummy...

Good luck!

I do a mild form of Intermittent Fasting. A couple of days a week after dinner I don't eat again for another 14 hours. If I want to lose weight, my maximum calories have to be a little under 1200. As you can imagine, a 1200-calorie meal would be a virtual binge for someone like me. But when you consider that there are hamburgers that are 700 calories it might not be that hard to get there.
  • Mels707
    Mels707 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm eating a normal dinner tonight...maybe slightly bigger portion. Tomorrow I'll break fast with something light, like fruit and toast. And then a couple hours later (so, late) ill eat something bigger. But no way I'll eat 1200 cals tomorrow night.