Headache?

Options
Hi everyone,

Just started 4 days ago (1200 cal/day) and I noticed that I've been having a low-grade headache for the past 3 days... on and off. Is anyone else experiencing this? Could it be related to dieting?

TIA!

Replies

• TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't have a real answer.. but from experience, I noticed headaches (off and on, like you) when I'm not eating enough.
    You could try bumping your calories up by 100-200 and see if it helps. Do you know abouts how much you burn during workouts?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I get these ocasionally. It is ussually related to my body wanting something it doens't have, like a certain vitamin. I haven't figured it out for myself yet what it is but I find if I eat a fitness bar (Kids Cliff Bar, Balance Bar...) it will go away.

Hope you feel better.
  • no_worries
    no_worries Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been getting headache's too, but I cut back my soda intake to one a day rather than the Super Big Gulp I used to get. Headaches suck because it makes me want to eat more or have a soda; which is not healthy for me. I don't know if anyone else has that issue.
  • catopotato
    catopotato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This seems to happen to me when I cut out processed sugar from my diet.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough water? It could be as simple as that. Water plays a HUGE roll in a persons well being! When you are hydrated you will actually loose weight more efficiently.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you are getting headaches. That is miserable when you are trying to diet. I would recommend drinking a lot of water! That should help a little with your headaches. I would also not wait until I was super hungry to eat. Eat smaller meals more often and see if that helps your headaches. Good luck!
  • what types of food are you eating and how much water are you drinking?
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feeback, everyone!

I'm staying hydrated, I'm up to 64 onces today so far. Trying to stay within my alloted carbs/protein/fat. Very little sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol.

Could be my hormones too... LOL:tongue:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you ate a lot of sugar before, that could be the trouble. I tried Atkins a few years back and couldn't make it through the first week because of the headaches I got. Once I added carbs back to my diet, the headaches stopped.
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This seems to happen to me when I cut out processed sugar from my diet.

"If you ate a lot of sugar before, that could be the trouble. I tried Atkins a few years back and couldn't make it through the first week because of the headaches I got. Once I added carbs back to my diet, the headaches stopped. "

I agree with both of these comments. This is usually why I get headaches when I am either cutting back sugars or bad carbs. I think our bodies get so used to having those things and we are almost addicted that when we take it away our bodies have to cleanse it out of our system. Therefore causing the headaches/sugar withdrawals or I even sometimes get a little bit nauseous (sp?) That's just my own personaly theory I have never read it anywhere. Give it a week and drink lots of water and do some relaxing yoga. That always helps me and if I HAVE to I will take an ibuprofen. Good luck hope those headaches go away soon! I am going through it right now too cause of all the junk I was constantly eating over the holidays.