Hairy Dieters

Options
2»

Replies

• frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I've loved all their series, especially when they chorused 'fat means flavour!' and my Mother would cringe. Their new approach though is very good and still has the Hairy Biker's essence still.

From the ones we've tried so far I have to agree, the lasagna tastes amazing!

Unfortunately my Mum bought the book along with two Jamie Oliver ones- and for some reason she's preferring Jamie's recipes (to me they don't taste as good and generally take up 500-700 calories which I'd rather use else where!). The thing is Biker's food generally tastes better and make me feel fuller for longer then most of what we've had out of the Jamie Oliver books!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gav, I've been watching the show and was thinking of checking the book out. Definitely will now!

Also, nice t-shirt!
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything good that has been said about Si and Dave and their weight loss series. That show was what inspired me to do something about my weight. Bought the book on Kindle as soon as it was available!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    love it love it love it. So far I have made the chilli parcels 3 times, Paprika chicken, old fashioned chicken stew the meatballs and today making the Lamb hotpot. At the weekend I went through the book and made a shopping list purely to make as many dishes as I can. As a single mum to one, most dishes are prepared for 4 to 6 people, my freezer is filling up with lovely food for days I am working and unable to cook. I hope they do another series with more food for us to try. They are my diet hero's proper food without having to stick to boring salads or using ingredients that cost a arm and a leg.
  • beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It was actually what inspired my wife and I to start losing weight!

The recipes are really good, and also been looking at the bbcgoodfood website for other recipes.

The book is really good as well. The publishers did not order enough copies for production which is why there was a massive delay. The programme came out at exactly the right time as well. With the Olympics in the UK more people have been exercising and there has been an increase in healthier eating.

Well worth every penny!
  • shelagh50
    shelagh50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic book, I have made loads and loads for my husband and me from it and haven't had a bad meal yet!!! They are all so flavoursome its unbelivable! Just taken the egg bacon and asparagus flan out of the oven!!
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I agree the hairy bikers are extremely likeable guys. Love them. :love:
  • Dormouse85
    Options
    I love the book and am recommending it to everyone! We've not had a bad recipe from it yet! I'm using it to cook for a dinner with friends:
    smoked salmon paté (not in the book!), Jambalaya and carrotcake.

They are top guys!
  • Dudarfst
    Dudarfst Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    love the book! i read a few people weren't happy that some of the recipes were for 6 people, but i don't mind that at all...it goes into the freezer for some other day when i don't fancy cooking. i just made the bolognese sauce and also the minestrone soup...yum!