I need breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fat free greek yoghurt with granola/nuts/seeds/banana/peach/all of the above on it!
  • collamore123
    collamore123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie, using a high quality protein powder, almond/coconut milk blend, berries and ice whipped up in the blender. It's about 220 calories. Yummy
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2 minute breakfast:
    one teaspoon of Instant Miso, from the containers. Add 1 cup of water. Mix. Heat one minute in the microwave. Add 1 oe 2 eggs, or egg whites, stir in for thinker creamy texture or lightly mix for bigger "chunks." Microwave another minute. All done. Drink from bowl as you get ready. Delicious

Feel free to add spices and sauces. I love parsely, soy sauce or fish sauce, but I know that might not be some people's cup of tea that early in the morning. Miso 35 calories plus the calories of your eggs.
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Another 2 minute meal.
    Smoothies.
    The Magic Bullet is your friend. Get one. I combine any number of veggies, and fruits to eat for my day, but I'm careful to only had half a cup of milk or juice to keep calories down. Fruits, frozen, fresh or canned. Veggies, I steam them at night to eat throught out my day. Carrots are excellent. Canned pumpkin is great. Blend. Comes in a convient serving size cup that you can grab and drink on the way to work.
  • njlosingweight
    njlosingweight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    change up the eggs with my favorite
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1 laughing cow cheese broken up in the egg
    1 costco (or any) pre cooked bacon that I heat for 25 sec then break up into the egg mixture

heat all in microwave for 45 sec/ stir and heat again for 45 sec (more or less)

creamy egg with salt and chew of the bacon

135 cal
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator Prot-meal.

1/4 cup steel cut oats
    1/2 cup milk (of your choice, doesn't matter what kind)
    1 tbs dried fruit
    1 tbs slivered almonds/other slivered nuts
    1 rounded scoop protein powder

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight, enjoy a delicious and filling breakfast in the morning.

Mini-Quiches

6 eggs
    1.5 cup milk
    Ham/Sausage cut into tiny pieces
    1 cup shredded cheese
    Chopped vegetables of your choice
    Seasoning to taste

Grease a muffin tin, preheat oven to 350F. Mix all ingredients and pour into muffin tin until each cup is 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 25 mins or until the center of each mini quiche is cooked.

You can save these in the fridge for up to 5 days.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad with 5 frosted mini wheats crumbled on top, broiled grapefruit, protein bar, smoothies, a muffin made with oatmeal and fruit can be microwaved in a cup about 90 seconds.
  • tendumom
    tendumom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This morning, my daughter and I made egg and banana pancakes for the first time.

2 eggs and 1 banana, blended together. Total- 245 calories. SOOO good and very quick!

You can add a little vanilla, salt, cinnamon, a few chocolate chips, whatever! We tried vanilla in one batch. I think it's not necessary at all.

It was too much cholesterol for me to do often, so I'll try it with egg whites next time.. maybe 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Also planning to try canned pumpkin instead of bananas.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Avocados are amazingly satisfying for breakfast! Here is what I have:

1 whole avocado (use a half to cut the calories) cut in half, scoop into dish, dash of salt mash with a potato masher until nice and smooth
    1 slice of 12 grain bread (I like mine toasted dark) - spread on mashed avocado - SO good!!!

I also eat a banana and a cup of tea with honey - about 590 calories (440 if you only use half of an avocado) but I like eating a substantial breakfast. I eat about 5:30 AM and it keeps me rocking easily until 10AM when I eat my mid morning meal.

Delicious!!!
  • majikkan
    majikkan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My standby is:

1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup frozen berries

105 calories.
  • yoyogirl68
    Options
    Quick Brekkie ideas that are my favourites:

- protein shake
    - yoghurt and fruit
    - fresh ham shaved, with cottage cheese dip.
    - protein pancakes (egg, protein powder and vanilla)
    - coffee :wink: all mums need that!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Sweet Breakfast :

1 very ripe Avocado, mashed up with one scoop of Vanilla protein powder... easy and SO FILLING for hours!! good fats and high fiber and lots of protein all in one!

Savory Breakfast:

Cottage cheese, mixed well into beaten eggs, a pinch each of Garlic powder, Onion powder, cracked Pepper....make an omelet with that....add some cheddar or mozzarella cheese to it at the end....and if you want, wrap it in a nicely toasted tortilla and take it to work!!! SOOO GOOD!
  • gc2951
    Options
    I am allergic to eggs so breakfast for me is never like anyone else's either.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great ideas on here!

I usually have a piece of toast with peanut butter and raspberries and blackberries on the side.

If I'm not feeling lazy, I'll scramble a couple eggs with Mrs. Dash salt-free chipotle seasoning and then put that onto a piece of toast with a Laughing Cow queso fresco wedge spreaded onto it and top it all with salsa.
  • LMBalfour
    LMBalfour Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cilantro Pear Turkey Breakfast Sausages

1 lb ground turkey breast
    3/4 cup unpeeled pear
    3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
    1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tsp dried rubbed sage
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red peper

Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Form into patties (makes 8) and cook for 4 minutes on each side until done! 157 calories for 1 serving, which is two patties. I will make a batch of these and freeze what I don't use for quick breakfasts throughout the week. :) Will usually serve with eggs (I know, I know, you're sick of them :P) and fruit but will go well with whatever option you choose. Enjoy. :D
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1 banana mashed - two eggs = Banana pancakes! They are deliciousssss!
  • I make a really good stuffed french toast!

2 slice of bread (I usually use whole grain, gluten free)

1 tablespoon of your choice of filling. (I use organic hazelnut butter)

Egg whites

Cinnamon.

Take eggs whites and pour some onto a plate. Add some cinnamon and mix it.
    Dab both sites of the bread and put one slice into a pan.
    Let that cook for a little, then add your tablespoon of choice.
    Take slice two, and do the same thing. Put it on top of the the filling when done.
    When your first side is a golden brown flip it over, and cook the other side.

I usually throw some strawberries on top afterwards.

So delish!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes sound good! Do you fry in butter or something else? Would thy be ok to eat next day, reheated or cold? Thanks
  • 33equals3
    Options
    My go-to standbys for breakfast:
    - cottage cheese w/Stevia, blanched slivered almonds
    - greek yogurt with chia seeds and stevia, drop of vanilla
    - "Big Oatmeal Cookie" - an old SBDD favorite, you can Google for the recipe.

HTH!