The 600 kcl diet

Options
1235»

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, but looking at your diary, you aren't eating frequently like the diet is suggesting.

I just don't see how this is healthy. You aren't hitting your macros on "normal" days except for you carbs.
    People who do these diets are most likely going to end up looking frail and skinny fat.

Eat properly, lift weights, do a bit of cardio if you enjoy it and you will see results.

If what you are doing isn't working, a silly diet that restricts you so much isn't going to do much for you in the long run.
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, but looking at your diary, you aren't eating frequently like the diet is suggesting.

I just don't see how this is healthy. You aren't hitting your macros on "normal" days except for you carbs.
    People who do these diets are most likely going to end up looking frail and skinny fat.

Eat properly, lift weights, do a bit of cardio if you enjoy it and you will see results.

If what you are doing isn't working, a silly diet that restricts you so much isn't going to do much for you in the long run.

Hi there,

I eat properly - I just cutted my calories a bit because I couldn't work out the last month because of a sugery. Normaly I go to the gym and eat more and a bit different.

I don't do it because I want to have a fast weightlose, I'm doing it because it has many other health benefits (seems you didn't read the links in the OP or of other posts here).

when there is a unfilled day in my diary it's because I was on holiday or at my parents home, where I just eat what I want and enjoying it.

Thanks for your advice.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Miimii, it's not recommended to do two succesive fasting days. The recommendation is to fast one day, then eat enough to not feel hungry for a day or two, then repeat. I wouldn't be able to do two fasting days one after the other, and I don't think you need to, to get the health benefits.
  • Miiimii
    Options
    Miimii, it's not recommended to do two succesive fasting days. The recommendation is to fast one day, then eat enough to not feel hungry for a day or two, then repeat. I wouldn't be able to do two fasting days one after the other, and I don't think you need to, to get the health benefits.

Yeah, you are right. I switched and have my fasting days now not in a row anymore. It really feels good, having one or two fasting days a week - and if you choose your food right, you are not starving at all.
    I also added a salt free day to my diary (not on fasting days), to lose some water and get the feeling for salty food back (because like most of us I eat to much salt I think, even I already cut it back).

So my diary at the moment ist two fasting days a week (between 500 and 600kcl), one salt free day/ rice day (around 1400kcl) and four "normal" eating days (between 1200 and 1400kcl).

Best Miiimii
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    7kg gone in 6 months? Wow that's kinda slow & not at all productive. I'd be dead in a week with my exercise as well on top of that. I'd be eating almost nothing.
  • Miiimii
    Options
    7kg gone in 6 months? Wow that's kinda slow & not at all productive. I'd be dead in a week with my exercise as well on top of that. I'd be eating almost nothing.

I think 7kg in 6 month is quiet ok - it's still 7kg at all. And if you are not overweight, but just normal, and wanna lose it oftens needs more time. also when you've already been a healthy eater. It's not really magic, if you lose weight fast, when you are 120kg and a fast food junkie and you switch to a health diary. ;-)

And of course you are right - on fasting days you should not do excessive workouts, but perhaps yoga or chilled cardio is ok.

Everybody is different and everybody has to find it's on way.