any good low cal dinner recipes any one can share

jolguin87
jolguin87 Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
i was wondering if anyone can give a really good low calorie recipe to cook for the whole family to enjoy!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    check out the recipe section on here - there's some awesome recipes!
    Slow cookin pulled chicken, spicy honey brushed chicken thighs and diner meatloaf muffins are my families 3 favs
  • SkinnyGal08
    SkinnyGal08 Posts: 56 Member
    Look up on allrecipes.com for oriental mushroom soup :) making it tonight low-calorie and perfect weather!:smile:
  • Here is one I make quite often. I found it a long time ago on a Web site with diabetes-friendly recipes. I cannot remember the name of the site though! Also, I get a lot of recipes from MyRecipes.com. There is a tab at the top called "Healthy Diet." Eating Well magazine's site is also really good. (www.eatingwell.com)

Chicken and Rice Medley (serves 8)

Chicken breast and long-grain rice baked in a savory cream of mushroom sauce.

Ingredients

1 cooking spray, for baking
    1 cup long grain white rice
    20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
    1 cup water
    5 1/2 oz. soup, cream of mushroom, condensed, canned (1/2 can)
    1 1/4 oz. onion soup mix

Directions
    1. Begin by coating a 12x8x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray and lining the uncooked rice in a layer on the bottom. Next, layer the chicken on top of the rice.
    2. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Combine the water, cream of mushroom soup, and onion soup mix, pour it over the chicken.
    3. Cover the casserole and then bake for 90 minutes, or until the chicken and rice are fully cooked.

Calories: 189.8; Total Carbs: 20.1 g; Fiber: 0.6 g; Sugar: 0.2 g; Total Fat: 2.1 g; Saturated Fat: 0.5 g; Unsaturated Fat: 1.6 g; Potassium: 272.5 mg; Protein: 20.4 g; Sodium: 218.9 mg
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Here is one I make quite often. I found it a long time ago on a Web site with diabetes-friendly recipes. I cannot remember the name of the site though! Also, I get a lot of recipes from MyRecipes.com. There is a tab at the top called "Healthy Diet." Eating Well magazine's site is also really good. (www.eatingwell.com)

Chicken and Rice Medley (serves 8)

Chicken breast and long-grain rice baked in a savory cream of mushroom sauce.

Ingredients

1 cooking spray, for baking
    1 cup long grain white rice
    20 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
    1 cup water
    5 1/2 oz. soup, cream of mushroom, condensed, canned (1/2 can)
    1 1/4 oz. onion soup mix

Directions
    1. Begin by coating a 12x8x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray and lining the uncooked rice in a layer on the bottom. Next, layer the chicken on top of the rice.
    2. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Combine the water, cream of mushroom soup, and onion soup mix, pour it over the chicken.
    3. Cover the casserole and then bake for 90 minutes, or until the chicken and rice are fully cooked.

Calories: 189.8; Total Carbs: 20.1 g; Fiber: 0.6 g; Sugar: 0.2 g; Total Fat: 2.1 g; Saturated Fat: 0.5 g; Unsaturated Fat: 1.6 g; Potassium: 272.5 mg; Protein: 20.4 g; Sodium: 218.9 mg

This sounds good!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    I have started a blog for my recipes, there aren't many for dinner yet, but they are coming. http://www.debscooking.blogspot.com/

I have most recipes already in the database. Also check out the recipes thread, there are some really good ones that have been shared on the site.
This discussion has been closed.