Replies

• urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Excellent Hun! I'm very proud for you!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same fears as you. I'm new to this and started at 270lbs and had a fear of the gym. There are loads of good looking trim people posing in my gym but as soon as i started going I can tell you that i feel like im working harder than any of them even if im not doing the same resistance levels or have the same endurance - i'm carrying an extra person with me thats why. As i slowly get rid of this extra person i'll be to their level but i'll give encouragement to anyone that enters the gym starting off like i did.

I actually had a negative experience last week I told my wife about. I was walking at 6kph (moderate pace) and managed 40 mins which was a great achievement for me but i heard this man talking to 2 trim girls and he actually said 'look at chunky, does he think he can do it without actually running?!'. He didnt mean me to hear but i looked over and said proudly 'im here for a reason and i'll worry about how i achieve my goal. How do you suppose you're going to solve your personality disorder in a gym?'

The women laughed at him. I lost 1070 calories that night because of my weight. I'm doing just fine and its idiots like him that make me want to tap him on the shoulder in a years time and ask for an endurance race :)

I'll add you as a friend if thats ok. We'll do it together

Ooooh! Good on you! I wish I had the confidence to make a come back like that!
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You made me cry ... good happy tears of course :)
  • srpthlgy
    Options
    Love it! Keep it up!
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    You're doing amazing!!!
    Even when I was skinny I'd always feel incredibly awkward in the gym. I think more people feel awkward than comfortable honestly :) I'm still secretly terrified that I'm doing the weights wrong or I'm too red and sweaty and someone somewhere in the gym is judging my form and they're gonna know I have no clue what the hell I'm really doing.
    We're all there to learn something, and I'm proud of you for being a good teacher for someone! That is really cool.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!! You should be proud!
  • Ericaaa89
    Ericaaa89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love this post <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!