Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• StarLeopard
    StarLeopard Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to getting my ring off over my knuckle again. Not that I need to take it off but it will just feel good when I can. At least I can turn it now.
  • LNZimmer
    Options
    I still have a ways to go - But I remember on my last weight loss journey, when I saw my collar bone and shoulder bones (generally speaking). (I had lost a total of 130 lbs) I couldn't keep my hands off of them for the longest time! I had NEVER seen/felt those bones before!!! I can't wait to get to that point again.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Damnest thing happened to me. I looked down and saw my feet. Seriously I can see my feet without bending over....SWEET!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I thought I had an abdominal mass. I felt it on one side of my lower abdomen, but not the other. Uh-oh. Just happened to have an appointment with my GYN. I told her my concern. She examined me, told me to try and sit up from a lying position on the exam table. She finally completed her exam and said, "Susan, you have abdominal muscles!" Me? At 50 years old. Abdominal muscles for the first time in my life could be felt!

I thought you were going to say a hernia. Those suck.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the bath tub is not as comfortable as before. My tail bone and hips do not have the cushion they use to have...oh well, I will take that side effect...I sit on a folded towel if I plan on soaking for a while.....

Forgot about that one. And sitting with my back leaning against a wall or hard surface hurts. No more fat padding to rest upon! I need to put a pillow or something soft to lean against!

Its uncomfortable to sit for very long. Guess its a good thing, keeps me moving!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I'm freezing....ALL the time.

And if I sit too long, my *kitten* starts to hurt. (less cushioning)
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing for me was losing weight around my girlie bits. There's much less padding there now, and it's kind of odd.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This may be TMI, but I was feeling kind of blah last week, and asked the hubby am I losing? He said hell yeah you are. I asked how he could tell, and he grabbed my hips and said "your handles are back", all the while grinning like a pervy Cheshire cat :devil:

And on that note, one thing I have noticed (and probably everyone who lives with me) is my sex drive is back and better than ever! Best NSV EVER.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I saw grey hair where I didn't want to.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I went down a size in shoes, I pee way more, I get up in the middle of the night more to pee...

Same here. I wish I could count the calories I burn just going to the bathroom over & over & over & over :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    More regular poops!! I never used to go #2 once a day but now I'm regular like clockwork.

Also learning how to deal with compliments gracefully, they started rolling in about the 20lb loss mark and at 50lbs lost now I'm a lot better at accepting compliments.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Weirdest thing I ever heard obout losing weight: guys gain a half inch of "useable length" for every 20 pounds they lose. Of course I know this is total BS. Still funny that someone actually thought that up. :bigsmile:
  • SMiller074
    SMiller074 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It definately hurts to sit too long. Also, sometimes I feel like I'm not used to my body. I feel like I trip and run into things alot more..wondering if maybe it's because I'm still moving to accomodate the larger person I was?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have the tailbone pain too! It's not bad at work as long as I sit in the right position and get up every couple hours but if I have to sit in my car longer than an hour I have a hard time standing back up and my tailbone throbs for a few hours after. Trying to make sure I work my glutes to see if that helps keep me more elevated and thinking about investing in some sort of cushion...

I've still got a ways to go but I'm noticing more and more bones all the time - that knobby part on my inner elbow is more pronounced, my hip bones feel weird when I lay on my side, my knees have hardly any fat on them now and the other day I noticed the ends of my shoulders (right above delt) were quite bony. LOL!
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me too on the rings! My wedding ring is now perilously loose, and I've only lost 20 lbs since my wedding two years ago. Money is tight so I haven't been able to resize it and I already lost it once in the snow this past winter and (miraculously) found it a week later when things thawed out. I'm thinking of wraping it in string or something so I can at least keep it on my finger!

Wear it on a chain around your neck? My parents are divorced but I wear my mum's wedding ring like that lol.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Some of these are quite funny, can't wait to feel some of them in a weird way when I lose all the weight
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Weirdest thing I ever heard obout losing weight: guys gain a half inch of "useable length" for every 20 pounds they lose. Of course I know this is total BS. Still funny that someone actually thought that up. :bigsmile:

LOL!! My Hubs was joking about this with a buddy last week. This guy has lost over 100 pounds so Hubs said he should be careful or he might hurt someone. Obviously that's not true...I'm sure there's some difference but maybe more like a half inch per 50-75 pounds.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My local jewelrey store put a gold colored spacer on the inside part of my ring, no charge. It's probably not more than $10 even if they charged for it. Before the spacer, it was constantly slipping off.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Me too on the rings! My wedding ring is now perilously loose, and I've only lost 20 lbs since my wedding two years ago. Money is tight so I haven't been able to resize it and I already lost it once in the snow this past winter and (miraculously) found it a week later when things thawed out. I'm thinking of wraping it in string or something so I can at least keep it on my finger!

I've noticed my collar bones most. Forgot I had them they were so buried! My feet have gone down not in length but width. I wear Birkenstocks because of bone spurs in both heals, and most of what I have are adjustable so it's not too bad yet. I still have 104 to lose, so I may need a whole new shoe wardrobe when I'm done!!

I knew my wedding rings were going to get too big so in preparation I had my anniversary band resized. One day while washing my face I heard metal hit porcelin and realized my rings had fallen off. I have a very wide band and engagement ring attached to each other, so they were too big to go down the drain. Instead they now live in the jewelry box until it's all said and done and then I will resize.

The grossest thing though is that as I lose the belly fat, the belly hangs much lower (that's not the gross part) and my herinas, upper and lower abdomin, show more and more (yes that's the gross part). Although I love buying the smaller clothes, I still have to wear things that don't cling so I can hide them. :laugh:
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Losing weight can expose flaws. For some people, and I include myself, losing weight makes you look older. Fat fills in wrinkles. I've had to come to accept that I look older but am in much better shape. Personally, I'm going for the old tough-as-nails wiry guy look because my baby face went with the fat I lost.