My poor husband!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Who knows when he will get home tonight!!

Service on all three of the Metro-North Railroad’s lines — the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines —was suspended at 3:15 p.m. after a vacant building collapsed at 124th Street and Park Avenue, one block from the 125th Street station in Harlem, where all three lines stop on their way to and from Grand Central Terminal. An untold number of trains and passengers were left waiting for service to resume. Passengers on trains at stations were told to leave and find alternative means of travel.
There were no reports of any injuries. A wall of the building, at 102 East 124th Street, collapsed around 1 p.m., and after city workers responded to the scene, the rest of the building fell, officials said. The stability of an adjacent vacant building, at 100 East 124th Street, has been compromised, and the building will be demolished imminently as a precaution, officials said.

Northbound traffic on the east side of Park Avenue from 123rd to 125th has been suspended, as has traffic on East 124th Street between Park and Lexington Avenues.
“They don’t want rumbling to weaken the parts of the building that are still standing,” said Marjorie S. Anders, a Metro-North spokeswoman. “So far we don’t have any debris on the tracks but I’ve been told if the building collapses further, we might.”
Passengers on what was to have been the 3:10 p.m. Hudson Line train reported heard announcements directing them to leave the train and find alternative means of travel.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options

Service on all three of the Metro-North Railroad’s lines — the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines —was suspended at 3:15 p.m. after a vacant building collapsed at 124th Street and Park Avenue, one block from the 125th Street station in Harlem, where all three lines stop on their way to and from Grand Central Terminal. An untold number of trains and passengers were left waiting for service to resume. Passengers on trains at stations were told to leave and find alternative means of travel.
    There were no reports of any injuries. A wall of the building, at 102 East 124th Street, collapsed around 1 p.m., and after city workers responded to the scene, the rest of the building fell, officials said. The stability of an adjacent vacant building, at 100 East 124th Street, has been compromised, and the building will be demolished imminently as a precaution, officials said.

Northbound traffic on the east side of Park Avenue from 123rd to 125th has been suspended, as has traffic on East 124th Street between Park and Lexington Avenues.
    “They don’t want rumbling to weaken the parts of the building that are still standing,” said Marjorie S. Anders, a Metro-North spokeswoman. “So far we don’t have any debris on the tracks but I’ve been told if the building collapses further, we might.”
    Passengers on what was to have been the 3:10 p.m. Hudson Line train reported heard announcements directing them to leave the train and find alternative means of travel.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thank God he is okay:flowerforyou: at least you know for sure he will be home.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank God he is okay:flowerforyou: at least you know for sure he will be home.

Very true!! It could be A LOT worse I guess.
  • reborn2008
    Options

so glad to hear he is ok
    i live in the lower east side
    i mean i know i am way downtown but still i thought i would just say it is good that he is ok