When do you weigh in?

Options
2»

Replies

• jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself on Mondays but I tend to "gain" 3-4 lbs in water retention over the weekends because I'm active and I consume adult beverages Saturday night. Now I weigh myself on Fridays because I'm usually at my lightest AND it keeps me accountable for the weekends because I don't want that scale to creep up! To each his own...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who insists on weighing first thing every morning. I keep track of it on MFP and take a weekly average.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Saturday Mornings. First thing out of bed, get the morning ritual over with, shed the excess weight, then hop on the scale. Usually in the mornings, its great because I'm in no mood to panic, but more a mood to figure out what to do.

"...oops. 3 pounds? Erm ... guess I shoulda kept an eye on that pizza."
  • justmetookie
    justmetookie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I only **officially** weigh in once a month but usually end up stepping on the scale every morning....because i'm a scale junky :blushing: lol
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My "for the record" weigh in is on Monday morning so that any overindulgence over the weekend will show up. It strengthens my resolve to resist.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. Pre-breakfast, post bathroom routine. If there's no loss, I don't update MFP. If there is a loss, I'll update. I don't update if there is any weight gained, but only if the current weight is less than the previous weight.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday mornings for me. I am part of the biggest loser competition here at work (dont plan on winning it just using it for motivation) and or weigh ins are Tuesdays. Guess it gives me a day to recover from the weekend....
  • Khymera
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday just before lunchtime, because that's when I see the dietician.
  • abbie1081
    Options
    Wow. I love to hear the variety and frequency of your weigh ins. I think I am going to switch to Friday. This doesn't mean I'm going to become a big cheater, but I will have time to "balance out" anything bad I've done over the weekend.

However, I think at the end of the day what matters the most is that every week I'm recording my weight - good or bad. I also need to be holding myself accountable for my eating and exercise. As long as I'm losing, I'm happy. It's a slow and steady race for me, but so far I'm pleased with the results!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale and like it that way. I weigh myself once every week or two when I visit my parents. That way I'm using the same scale but don't obsess over my weight.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter when you weigh-in as long as the number steadily declines on the day of your weigh-in. Switching days will make no difference.
  • JuanaViviane
    Options
    I weigh in every morning
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I try to do it every day, first thing in the morning. I may not make it every day, but I always do it the same time.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter when you weigh-in as long as the number steadily declines on the day of your weigh-in. Switching days will make no difference.

True. In fact, we could lose weight without ever using a scale at all if we wanted to! It didn't take a scale to tell me I needed to lose weight. My mirror told me that.
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Tuesdays. It is the day I started eating right so I just stuck with it!
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and measure every Thursday, because I found MFP and signed up on a Wednesday evening, so that was my start day. But I do agree that Monday is a tough day to be weighing in, although logically I know it all works out in the end - lol