obvious foods to avoid??

Options
123457»

Replies

• Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Both beer and burgers contain a ton of calories and the burgers have a ton of fat and limited nutrients as well. I say definitely on the avoid list. Also anything processed is not optimal for good health or weight loss. I stick with whole foods, as close to they come from the ground is the BEST for optimal health and weight management :)

a fresh burger, with lean beef, and some veggies on it has limited nutrients?
    please go.
    :drinker:
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd say the obvious ones to avoid are the ones you have a hard time eating in moderation. So it's different for everyone. I can't have cheese in the house because I always eat too much.

Agreed! Everything in moderation.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    The things that I believe should be avoided are soy, aspartame, mono-sodium-glutamate, hydrogenated oil, most fast food. Other foods I avoid, but do not throw to the wind, are pork(had chops last night), beef(I will never turn down a rare rib-eye), burgers (though I will munch down on a mid-rare patty!), and I think that everything else I like to eat is good for me… mostly… Oh, pizza is a seductive she-devil of taste… Oh, and cat-fish is nasty fish.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    [Quote[
    Something I've found to try to avoid is things that are "Diet" foods....things that are "low fat" or "fat free" or even things labeled "low carb"..........basically anything that is marketed to dieters. When you read the labels, they are usually higher in calories and not really significantly different than their "normal" counterparts. And they usually have more of those unpronounceable chemicals and junk. I think most "diet" foods seem to be a big scam since most of them cost more, too.

This-I never eat low fat, low carb anything. I do avoid bread, as it's my downfall.