Help! I binged and need to calculate cals

Options
My husband surprised me with a trip to my favorite breakfast place in the world. WIthout time to mentally prep, I totally messed up and ate a ton. I want to calculate the calories to show the damage I've done - so I don't do it again! It is an independent restaurant so they don't have any nutrition information available. I'm not even sure of quantities (like the number of eggs in the omelette).

Any help estimating quantities or calories would be very helpful. My husband and I ordered the two meals below and split them. It was probably a 60/40 split with the 40% to me.

Giant omelette with:
Roasted baby redskin potatoes
Bacon
Cheddar cheese
Red onion

Raisin bread french toast (6 thick slices)

Ahhh!!! No judgement please. I know this was not the best thing to do.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If it's one of the chains you can probably find the nutritional information on their website and calculate it based on that. Between you and me if you split the omelet and ate 2 slices of french toast it's probably not as bad as you think..........
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    With the independent restaurants, I always just find the closest thing in the database and log it as best I can. I think restaurant omelets are typically three eggs, and you could probably log the potatoes, cheese, bacon and onion separately. The french toast will be trickier because the raisin bread, but just do the best you can.

Glad you got a surprise breakfast - gotta roll with those things once in awhile, and don't sweat it that you "overdid it" on breakfast. Getting surprised by hubs with your favorite breakfast is awesome! :smile:
  • fraser112
    Options
    At the very worst it would be less than 1500 cals each.

Even that would take a load of food each i mean
    An egg is what 60-90 cals
    Bacon is about 80 a strip
    onion and spuds is nothing
    Even if the omlette used cream instead of milk thats not much

Think about it, most of the above is fat making it hard to go nuts with.

Plus your body does not care about day to day. You could eat like that 5 days a week on if .
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all that replied. Not only did you help me calculate my totals (it came out around 1200) but you really made me feel better about doing it.

Now I just need to log some exercise so I can eat other meals today!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Mean thats great! im glad you found it and im also glad you had this meal. It means that for the rest of the week (and today) you wont stress and just work harder to get your exercise to make up for the overage! and truth is if ou have a deficit for the week you had cals in the bank so you arent too bad!