workouts that take less time but burn more calories

Options
Anyone know of any?
Full time worker, mom and wife! time is precious around here

Replies

• RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    HIIT workouts would be your best bet. High intensity interval training :)
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Depends how fit you are ATM... I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, atkes about 25 minutes
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I run because it gives me the most bang for my "buck". However on my non-run days I do boot camp.

Today we jump roped.... I nearly keeled over. That certainly burns a lot of calories in a very short period of time and really gets the heart rate up.
  • kuteinfaync
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I usually end up walking about 5 miles or so because of my little one. I'm going to try to fit in some aerobics that's fun for the kids to and maybe a late night job here and there.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Insanity! It's an insane amount of calories (pun intended) for 30-60 minutes of workout depending on the day. Workouts can burn anywhere from 300-700 calories. Some people even recorded their HRM at recording 900+ calories in a workout.
  • martintanz
    Options
    How short a period of time are you looking for?
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Rowing does it for me
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Running is awesome for its calories per minute burn - assuming you can get out of the house. Then again, running almost guarantees that you will need to shower when you are done...
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tabata workouts. We do them incorporated into our bootcamp class. They are supposed to burn tons of calories in a fairly short period of time since their done at insane intensity levels. I know that they always kick my butt if I give it 100%
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope burns about 21 calories per minute.