Running App

What is a good app for iPhone that lets you track running/walking?
I'd love to get accurate mileage and pace info

Replies

• eemorton
    eemorton Posts: 23 Member
    I use MapMyRun
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Runkeeper
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    i use RunKeeper...it tracks running, walking, cycling, mountain biking, hiking and a few others.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member

I use Strava. Gives awesome mileage and pace information. Also provides calories burned and saves your favorite routes. Good luck!
  • i use endomondo for all gps fitness tracking. not sure how well the iphone app works for the one for android is great, plus the website and community are great as well.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    I use RunKeeper. I used to use MapMyRun.....they both have the same info,the difference for me was the audio cues.....with MapMyRun, if you are listening to music, the music stops and then the audio cues come on....with RunKeeper, the audio cues come on over your music so you can keep listening. The one little difference was important for me. ;)
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Another vote for RunKeeper. And the recent update also offers training plans - although I haven't tested them yet.

I love RunKeeper because it tracks my distance, pace, coaches me, easily configured, lets me play my WO Playlist, and emails me my achievement (new PR for distance for example). Oh and it's free.
  • Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    I use RunKeeper for walks and MotionX GPS for hikes. The differences being RunKeeper will cue for interval training and MotionX keeps better track of position as well as elevation.
  • BUMP...
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    I use digifit. It's my HRM and tracks my run and allows me to listen the my music and hear the cues at the same time (also important for me)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member

I use Strava. Gives awesome mileage and pace information. Also provides calories burned and saves your favorite routes. Good luck!

I have tried Strava and will add the warning that Strava does not play well with some smartphones. I do not know why, but with some systems it does not give accurate mileage/pace info.

My husband and I both used it at the same time on the same certified path, matching pace step for step. His showed more than a half mile more distance than mine and, obviously, faster pace.

I use MyTracks now and always make sure I do the updates.
  • lisarob5
    lisarob5 Posts: 7 Member
    Nike + - and it's free!!
  • Nike Plus app is great! I love it
  • brebe86
    brebe86 Posts: 18 Member
    I used Run Keeper last night and loved it! Thanks everybody!
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    I use Digifit. In the beginning, I ran RunKeeper, Digifit and Endomondo all at the same time to see which one I liked better. I think they are all great. It's just personal preference on which one works best for you. :happy:
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    google mytracks works pretty well.
  • i have tried everysingle app that everyone of you has mentioned and i hate them all. im a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of RUNTASTIC! its for running, walking, biking, and even **** like skiing! BEST APP FOR RUNNING YET!
  • I love Endomondo, to me its by far the best app out for distance based sports.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    I use MapMyRun - works well 99% of the time; sometimes it has trouble first getting the GPS signal so I'll start it 2 minutes before I leave the house so it's ready when I walk out the door to start. I have a Droid phone and I don't use it for music - I have a Shuffle so I don't know about the other posters comments about how it effects music playing on the phone ;)
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    I use MapMyRun - works well 99% of the time; sometimes it has trouble first getting the GPS signal so I'll start it 2 minutes before I leave the house so it's ready when I walk out the door to start.

If you have Wi-fi on, try disconnecting it before you start the app. I heard that the Wi-fi can interefere with getting the GPS signal. :smile: Don't know how true it is, but I always turn my wi-fi off before I start. Hope that helps!