Fall Runs.

Options
The fall is here and so are fall runs. I'm training to do the Columbus half marathon next month. Anyone planning on doing any fall runs? What are your goals and what is your training program?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My Fall race is Baystate Marathon in 3.5 weeks. I'll probably do a Turkey Trot or Jingle Bell run too. Then Houston Marathon in January.

My training program? Run a lot. :) I don't follow a canned plan. I have a coach that gives me my workouts in 3 week blocks. I just run whatever he gives me.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half-marathon Turkey Trot.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Runs, as in running. I thought you meant like a night after drinking beer.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm new to running... planning to join a 15km in November here in Istanbul. I'm currently running 3 days a week, one long, two shorter ones, with 3 days strength training on other days. It is actually still surprisingly warm here, looking forward to some cooler weather.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    I might do the run to stay warm half marathon in November...It rains a lot here and I want to see how I do running longer distances in the rain before I decide for sure.
  • january179
    january179 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing a half marathon in October. I am using the personal running trainer app on the iphone and I love it. A friend of mine is using the galloway plan. I also have a marathon in January.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Humane Society 5K Oct 6
    Zombie 5K Oct 27
    Surf and Santa 5K Dec 8
    Towne Bank 8K March 16, 2013

I'm running 3-4 days on, then a rest day. I just started and only been doing 3 miles at a time, feel like it's time to up my mileage.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Chicago Marathon in less than 2 weeks! No actual races planned after that, I'll probably throw in a Turkey Trot and a half marathon somewhere, but for the most part I'll be maintaining until spring marathon training starts up again.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to do the Columbus half, but I wanted to finish my first half-marathon (Air Force Half in Dayton, Ohio) beforehand to see how I responded, and it sold out.

I'm doing the Dayton River Corridor Classic Half-Marathon on 10/14. I spent all summer training, and I don't want to be "one and done." :laugh:

I used a modified version of Hal Higdon's Novice1 12-week training program- http://halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

I cross-trained and lifted on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. I ran 3 miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays and did a long run on Saturdays (started with 4 and went all the way up to 12, with a 5K race and a 10K race thrown somewhere in the mix).

With the next half coming up so quickly, I'm keeping the 3-mile T and Th runs and doing whatever I feel like on Saturdays, with a 10-mile training run or two scheduled in the next 2-3 weeks.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    10K this weekend that I am going to SUUUCK at!

Zombie run in October.

After that I guess I'll just wait for next season's mud runs. Stupid winter.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    10K this weekend that I am going to SUUUCK at!

Zombie run in October.

After that I guess I'll just wait for next season's mud runs. Stupid winter.

Dont worry we will get through it!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'm training for an 8k in december. running a 5k turkey trot thanksgiving. Has anyone done pretty muddy (women only obstacle course race)?
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Well, not as ambitious as your's, but I'm doing a 5K at the end of October and then hope to do a Turkey Trot (5 miler) on Thanksgiving! I'm up to running 3.5 miles, so hopefully I can get myself worked up to the 5 miles before the turkey trot!
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    Johnstown, PA half marathon October 7th. Used/Using coolrunning's beginner half marathon training program. I'm a pretty big fan of their beginner programs, I've done most of them, and found myself really ready at the end, and finishing about when I'd expected. They're also free ;)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for a sprint duathlon in 2 weeks and am contemplating a 10K late in October (a local fundraiser called Rattle Me Bones - not surprisingly a bit of a Halloween theme).

After that nothing planned until a half-marathon in January........
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a half every two or so months after having the summer off. Long Beach in 1 1/2 weeks (I'm currently tapering), then Santa to the Sea in December.

Most likely Surf City in February and OC in May (repeat Beach City Challenge)

Also have a 10K thrown in there in March.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Running my first half this coming Saturday then have a 5K at the end of October. Will likely do a Turkey Trot 5-miler and perhaps a NYE 5K.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I had a 10K race 2 weeks ago
    Half Marathon October 14
    Half Marathon December 8
    Tinker Bell Half Marathon MLK weekend

No formal training plans. I do a long run on the weekends and I just increase by 1 mile every week. After my races I usually revert to 6-7 miles as my "long" run and go up from there. I run about 9 miles total usually on Mondays and Wednesday.
  • primalchaos
    primalchaos Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The fall is here and so are fall runs. I'm training to do the Columbus half marathon next month. Anyone planning on doing any fall runs? What are your goals and what is your training program?

I have the Mackinac Bridge Fall Colors 6k and the Zombie Dash 5k coming up in October.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Twin Cities Marathon on October 7 (using the FIRST plan)

Monster Dash 1/2 marathon on October 27