possible biceps tear

Options
MRI friday - but Ortho thinks: Rupture of tendon, nontraumatic; tendons of biceps - long head.

http://nomancard.blogspot.com/2012/09/set-back.html

story is there - but anyone come through something like this w/o too much loss?

Replies

• ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    when you get the offical diagnosis, elitefts.com has a good Q&A section with a rehab sub-section.

might be worth doing some reading. a lot of heavy lifters have dealt with biceps tears.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hey, thank you very much!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Love the name of your blog!

I was in an accident and did alot of damage to my shoulder. I broke the collar bone - which required 4 surgeries, it got infected, it didn't heal, I wound up having a bone graft, plus I dislocated my shoulder, and I tore my rotator cuff and bicep tendon, and tore some cartiledge in my shoulder. But I tore the bicep tendon where it plugs into the shoulder. They had to surgically fix it. But then I also had a waaaaay more injury.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    :D Thanks! I lose my man card every few days at work as I correctly ID colours, make-up techniques, hair and clothes, and admit when music or movies makes me cry :)

Did you recover okay?
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well, I sprained my wrist a few weeks ago, and it looks like I have carpal tunnel damage and might need surgery.... just do what you can. Focus on legs. I can do a few things on the machines that don't make my wrist hurt. But before you do anything, just make sure that it has begun to heal!

Good luck!