Hello, new here!

Options
Hello!

I am 21 years old, have had a little bit of a belly fat/weight problem for a few years now. In the past I would start eating healthier, going to the gym during my lunch hour at work, but wouldn't really stick with it. I have been working a desk IT type job for over 2 years now, really not being active, and I want to finally do something about this fat that has only gotten worse.

I am hoping this will help keep me on track. I really need to lose about 20-30 pounds. :)

Now I have some motivating people in my life that I can go to the gym with, and this should help me keep track of what I eat, so I am really looking forward to getting healthy :)

Replies

• mdplopez3
    mdplopez3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great weight loss tool! Make mini goals that are totally do-able like increasing your water intake. Cut out fast food. Take a 10 minute stroll. Make one small change a day, and you'll be on your way in no time at all! Healthy is a life style, not a quick fix. It sounds like you've made an half hearted effort in the past, so little changes! They do work! You're welcome to add me, I'm on most every day!
  • Thanks for the encouragement!

I don't really eat fast food at all, but I have and still do eat out a lot for lunch at work. I am now using this tool and reading up on nutritional information for places I usually frequent so that when I do still go out, I can make healthful choices compared to what I might have gotten in the past. Another thing I am trying to do is bring my own food to work more often.

And you are absolutely right. Healthy is a lifestyle, and not a quick fix. I think I am finally realizing that.

I also started going back to the gym this week with some new friends at work. I am going to start out small...2-3 days a week until I get into a solid routine, as opposed to what I did in the past where I would jsut try going all out and then give up. Start out small...

Anyway, thanks again!