Inches off advice

Options
I am in need of losing two inches in a matter of days for my job. I have been working hard the last few months and absolutely no change. I started tracking calories and notice I am not taking in anywhere near enough calories. Any advise?

Replies

• julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Drink more water. Don't eat things that make you fart.

What kind of job do you have? :huh:
  • Shaken1976
    Shaken1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Military.
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    Suck it in.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I think this has to be one of my most favorite answers ever given. Simple and too the point. "Don't eat things that make you fart." Wonderful...simply wonderful!!!

standing-ovation_a_GIFSoupcom.gif
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If you bloat... you might want to try a couple of low carb days to flush water retention. Eat protein, greens, small quantity of fat like cheese or salad dressing... no fruit or non-green carbs like corn, rice, pasta, bread ect.

Good Luck!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If you had time, I'd say Insanity. I lost 2 inches off my waist in 2 weeks. Inches can't really be hurried like weight. :/
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you are a cocktail server or Hooter's waitress or fashion model, right? Go on a liquid protein diet, drink those high protein drinks such as the kind you can buy at GNC. Keep your calories consumed at 1200 a day max. IF, seriously only IF you have a healthy heart, use the ECA stack. Otherwise this stack can cause heart failure. Don't do this if you have to take a drug test within the next week. It may show up as prescription drug abuse.

*Do not strength train. Only do heavy cardio until the 2 inches are gone. High Intensity Interval Training every day for at least 15 minutes (30 would be better if you are in condition for it).

*Drink water, but not too much. Make sure your electrolytes stay in balance. A sports drink in the evenings will help, but watch the calories.

*If you can, get a waist cincher garment. You can find them in the exercise sections of most department stores. Wear it 24/7 as tight as you can stand, until your measurement day.

*The day before your measurement, quit liquids at mid-day. Only sip tiny bits of water or chew ice as necessary. Warning: You are going to feel like crap. Headache, nausea and fatigue is just the tip of the iceberg.

*Day of measurement, take your ECA stack. If you have to have something to drink, only have strong black coffee, and cut that out at least 4 hours before measuring.

*Sit in a sauna, work out hard doing cardio, whatever you have to do to make yourself sweat like crazy just before the measurement. Remember to wear your waist cincher the whole time.

*If you stop sweating when you should reasonably be sweating, then you are as dehydrated as you are going to get. Stop pushing and have an ice cube or two.

Have a sports drink ready to go immediately after your measurement. If you can wear spanx or something similar during measurement, I highly recommend it. Take your time drinking your sports drink, or you make may make yourself vomit. Try to limit it to an ounce of liquid per minute, no more. For instance, if you have a 20 ounce bottle, take 20 minutes to finish it.

Then take at least 20 ounces of water, then alternate between your sports drink and water until you've consumed about a gallon of liquid.

You may also wish to include some cranberry juice in the 24 hours following your measurement to help prevent any bladder infections. You may not be able to avoid it completely, but you could make getting over a bladder infection easier.

Good luck, and I'm sorry your job is doing this to you. :frown:

Maybe a phone call to a lawyer who specializes in employment law would be the best option.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Do what fighters do at the last minute to make weight for a fight....SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT and drop the carbs for a couple days and poof...water weight be gone. All that is lost will be water and you will gain it all back, but might help you get to the size you need for what you need it for.
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Follow the miracle metabloism diet- 5 net grams of carbs every 5 hours. It gives you enough to make sure you don't lose all your energy and so you don't have an insulin spike, but it really melts the inches. The last time I stuck to it I lost a total of 16 inches in 14 days.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Wear spanx.
  • Shaken1976
    Shaken1976 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wear spanx.

Wish I could...It is for the military and it has to be on the skin...
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

I think this has to be one of my most favorite answers ever given. Simple and too the point. "Don't eat things that make you fart." Wonderful...simply wonderful!!!

standing-ovation_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

Thank you. Thank you very much.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    If you bloat... you might want to try a couple of low carb days to flush water retention. Eat protein, greens, small quantity of fat like cheese or salad dressing... no fruit or non-green carbs like corn, rice, pasta, bread ect.

Good Luck!

And absolutely positively no beer.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am in need of losing two inches in a matter of days for my job. I have been working hard the last few months and absolutely no change. I started tracking calories and notice I am not taking in anywhere near enough calories. Any advise?

Go really low carb, like 20g per day. That's what my brother does to make weight for wrestling and my friend does to make weight for tae kwon do.