Nutritional information for Portillo's

Options
have you ever wondered about the nutritional information for the delicious food at Portillos? Well, I did so I contacted them via email and got the following response....

"Thank you for your E-mail. The requirement to provide nutritional information is a constantly changing area of government regulations. At the current time, state and federal law requires labeling of those items sold as retail grocery. Items sold at restaurants are exempt.

We continue to watch this area so we can remain in compliance. However, at this time, the information you seek is unavailable and we are unable to comply with your request. Portillo's is a privately held business, with a limited number of stores. We do not franchise our restaurants. The cost of testing to obtain nutritional information and keeping such information current and correct is prohibitive. While we manufacture some of our products, we source many products from multiple suppliers with varying specifications. This fluctuation in purchasing would create the need for prolonged and repeated testing making it extremely difficult to generate a concise and accurate report on the nutritional values of all of our menu items.

However, I can provide you with the information of the House Dressing for the Chopped Salad as it is sold as a retail item: The following facts for the Portillo's House dressing are per ounce: calories: 169/oz., calories from fat: 153/oz, total fat: 17g/oz, sodium: 256mg/oz, carbs: 4g/oz, and sugars: 3g/oz."