really need some help with heart rate monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So, can you choose the gender on the polar ft4? Or does it not have that option?

The reason I ask is I kinda like the black one better. If it does not have that option, then I should go with the womens.

When I did my settings I got to choose all of those things! I just got the Polar FT4. So far I love it! Good luck on your journey!

25851322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    how bulky are the chest straps? can you lay on your stomach with it? want to wear it during a yoga session and some of the poses require laying on your stomach...

thanks.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem with mine. Then I realized you had to put in your V02 max. When it was at default it was saying I only burned about 50 calories, when I got that put in right it was 200 for the same exercise. See if it has that setting. If it does and you fix it, it should be much more accurate.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    how bulky are the chest straps? can you lay on your stomach with it? want to wear it during a yoga session and some of the poses require laying on your stomach...

thanks.

Mine isn't bulky, but the front is hard plastic. Make sure you're on a soft mat. I had to lay on my stomach the other day, and it hurt a little, but I wasn't on a mat. (I was on my bedroom floor, I'm not just like randomly laying down on the gym floor or anything lol.) If you're on something soft it shouldn't give you too much trouble. :happy:
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options

thanks.

Mine isn't bulky, but the front is hard plastic. Make sure you're on a soft mat. I had to lay on my stomach the other day, and it hurt a little, but I wasn't on a mat. (I was on my bedroom floor, I'm not just like randomly laying down on the gym floor or anything lol.) If you're on something soft it shouldn't give you too much trouble. :happy:

thanks.