BOOO! I DID IT AGAIN :(

Options
BOOO! I DID IT AGAIN :(

I feel terrible.. I splurged again today and ate a mexican pizza and rice from taco bell..

I DONT know why I CRAVE this stuff!!!!! :(

Encouragement please???

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    its okay to have that stuff in moderation...........keep your head up high ... you can do it girl
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    Go take a look at my diary. I did it by over 333 cals today. but dont be discouraged! It will get easier with time. And what ive realized is that you have to let yourself eat just a little bit of sweets every so often. Dont get down. I promise it will come. and if you get upset it will do nothing good for the diet. Good luck!

-Jenn
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Some days you just need more food. Have a plan attack next time you go there........plan ahead a bit and when you see something on the menu you want and its not all that good.........say NO out loud, that helps me lol people may look lol You are okay. I went over today too.
  • Mandillynn
    Options
    I think everyone has splurged. First thing you need to do is don't feel guilty. I don't know how long you've been dieting, but it IS alright to indulge every once in a while. I decided that in order to help me, I will take one day a week, and for one meal, "cheat". It's my reward to myself for doing well. Saturday mornings, I'll way in... Sunday is my cheat day, and Monday is a work out day.

If I don't do it this way, I WILL end up bingeing on something. It is not the end of the world that you splurged. You're still doing fine. just maybe next time, skip the rice and just have the pizza, so that way, you're only having one thing (I would have said skip the pizza and go for the rice, but let's be realistic to the craving... lol)

You're not the only person that gives in on occasion. Just allow yourself one meal a week where you can have something you've been wanting. Just don't go insane with it. :laugh:
  • pattidm
    Options
    if you tell yourself you can't have it then you will just want it more. When you buy it throw 1/2 away before you even start eating it. When I say throw it away, I mean throw it away! so you can't get it out. Hang in there - next time you'll throw 1/2 away then you will throw 3/4 away and then you'll figure "why keep buying if I'm just going throw it out". Good Luck!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    be strong tomorrow...you can do it....
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calories and work a little everyday to turn bad meals into healthy one. I ate a lot of fast food at first but I stayed within my calories and exercised. Each day, week and month you stick with it you'll get better and before you know it you'll be a clean eater. Plus if I eat it, I use. That means I am walking around or doing something nonstop. Just don't sit and moan get up and move.
  • bmw9q8
    bmw9q8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If the drive thru window poses a temptation maybe try taking a different route home. I mean I don't know if you're getting this on the way home from work/school, but it you don't pass by it then you can't get it. And you really need to think about where you are at as far as motivation goes. Sometimes people just aren't ready to make a change, but everybody slips up every now and again. The main thing to remember is to not let this one time set the tone for the next day. You ate Taco Bell TODAY. That doesn't mean you have to eat it tomorrow. It's a new day every day. Weight loss is a never ending struggle and it's not something that we are all going to do overnight. It's a lifestyle change, so I'm sure even after you reach your goal at some point you will still eat Taco Bell and it will be ok! Good luck on your journey!
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    This sounds so familiar, lol. I totally know how that feels. I " DO IT" too and it is so discouraging. In my case, i have a binging problem and an addiction to junk. It really is an addiction too! I find it hard to eat healthy when all this yummy junk is so easy and readily available. And, its comfortable. I had to pull myself out of it and ask myself, "what do you want?". Becasue eventually i would not only be wayyyy over weight but sick too. Ultimatly we have no choice but to LEARN how to be healthy and talk yourself through it. Everyday, all day, i have to talk myself through my eating habits. YOU CAN DO THIS! Believe me, we can do this together, all of us. Let me know if ya need a pep talk, i know i have my days when i need them. Take care
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    if you tell yourself you can't have it then you will just want it more. When you buy it throw 1/2 away before you even start eating it. When I say throw it away, I mean throw it away! so you can't get it out. Hang in there - next time you'll throw 1/2 away then you will throw 3/4 away and then you'll figure "why keep buying if I'm just going throw it out". Good Luck!

hhaha Good idea............my friend use to throw water on it lol
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I can totally relate BUT here is my thinking, sometimes those high cal days force you to eat better and I usually see a loss in the next few days after a big splurge. Plus, this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change and you can't cut out everything you enjoy - you'd go crazy! Maybe tack an extra 15 - 20 min to your next gym/exercise session, otherwise, move on :) we've ALL done this!!
  • rajekred
    Options
    Hey Honey - Just remember this - Cravings only last a couple minutes. So find something to keep yourself busy when you get that craving. My big thing when I diet is snacking at night. Its hard for me not to. Last night I got a chip craving, my big down fall. So I grabbed my Pilates book and did some stretches for about 15 minutes. When I was done, I forgot all about the chips and I even burned a few extra calories!

Another tip - don't buy any fast food other than Subway or other sandwiches. A 6 inch is enough for a full meal and if you want something taco flavored you can get a taco sub - just ask for 1/2 the meat and 1/2 the cheese. Same goes for Pizza - and load up on the good stuff like veggies! This way you get your variety like chicken and pizza and taco's without over doing it!

Good luck Girl and Hang in there!
  • jacquelinehogan
    Options
    I know how you feel. Don't give up. Its in the past and done. Look towards tomorrow. :)
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    I can totally relate BUT here is my thinking, sometimes those high cal days force you to eat better and I usually see a loss in the next few days after a big splurge. Plus, this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle change and you can't cut out everything you enjoy - you'd go crazy! Maybe tack an extra 15 - 20 min to your next gym/exercise session, otherwise, move on :) we've ALL done this!!

I completely agree with this--and do you know WHY you usually see a weight loss after splurging like this IF you get right back to your regular calorie-deficit intake and exercise the next day? You just completely sped up your metabolism! It's in high gear now digesting all those calories, and completely primed for some more deficit days to get rid of the extra fat! Bodybuilders will actually plan "cheat" (although I hate that word--I prefer "splurge") meals once a week or once every two weeks for this very reason--to literally "re-set" their metabolisms and get them going strong again. It's good to mix things up a little! ....and like everyone else said, we've all had those days--this is a lifestyle, not the end-all, be-all. I had one of those days yesterday, but I'm right back on track today and going strong--YOU can too!! :wink:
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It can certainly be frustrating! When I crave Taco Bell specifically, I will make my own tacos/burritos at home and add Taco Bell sauce. That seems to help the craving go away.
  • jgarrett77
    Options
    I read the replies on throwing the food away, I dont think I cold do this because of my fear of being wasteful and people starving. I would give it to my dogs. Anyway dont fret mexican pizza is good... tasting that is. You will live to see tomorrow. Another day another way. Also if we were not able to splurge once in awhile then we would never succeed at this. We have to remember this is not a diet but a way of life. Good luck tomorrow. I am sure you will do great. God bless, Jess!
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You crave it- because the food is made so that you do!

Fast Food is as addictive as Heroin!

I have struggled with the same thing- Fast Food, especially Taco Bell.
    Here is what has helped me.

Avoid driving past them. I know it sounds crazy- but it's the same mentality of recovering alcoholics- many of them won't drive within 5 miles or blocks of a bar they frequented- because it would be too easy for them to go back. I know this is hard- because there are literally tons of fast food places everywhere!

Watch a video, DVD, or television program on the dangers of fast food. This will probably put you off eating it, as the program will likely go into graphic detail about the high fat, salt and sugar levels in the foods. Two excellent examples are the films "Super Size Me" and "Food, Inc".

Avoid your local fast food restaurants as much as possible. Whenever you pass one, or any other fast food outlet, think back to the program you saw and what that type of food is doing to your insides. If you are without food and your only option is a fast food place, buy the healthy options such as salads or grilled chicken.

Recommended reading: "Fast Food Nation", by Eric Schlosser. This book gives you a sense of fast food's effect on your health, and also its effects on the global economy, agriculture, immigrants, etc. You'll think about this book when you feel tempted to go to the drive-through.

Try not to carry cash with you. Having cash on hand makes it that much easier to stop at a fast food place on the way home, and there's something sad about charging a burger and fries to your credit card that might deter you from using plastic.

<b>When you are driving past a fast food place and feeling the urge- just keep your eyes focused ahead and start saying, "I LOVE being skinny more than I love Taco Bell Mexican Pizza" or whatever. That has helped me. </b>

And the one that did it for me PLAN AHEAD.
    If I was going out on a hungry stomach- it was almost inevitable- that I would end up stopping. I would first rationalize it, "ill get 1 small thing".. and then when I pulled up to the window, my brain would think, "well since you're stopping anyways, why not just get the whole 1400 calorie meal"... and there i would go. And then next thing I knew- I would be craving it and I would give in again. So I NEVER leave the house hungry or without bringing healthy food to snack on if I know I'll be hungry later and only have fast food as an option. BE PREPARED. =) You know what your triggers are- so do everything you can to avoid having them ever set off... it will make avoiding it sooo much easier for you.

About 4 years ago I weighed my heaviest- 350lbs. ALL I DID WAS STOP EATING FAST FOOD-- and I dropped 100lbs. Just from cutting out fast food. It actually was easy. After a week or two- you stop craving it. My family would eat fast food in front of me- and it wouldn't even bother me. My body began to crave healthy food and the thought of greasy fast food made me sick to my stomach. After I had stopped for a few months- my cousins somehow coherced me into trying a fish sandwhich from burger king. I took one bite and was so grossed out. All I could taste was salt. It was disgusting- but made me realize- just how "desensitized" your taste buds get when you are constantly eating that crap.. and that's what it is CRAP.

So anyways, hope this helps! I was in the same exact boat as you! But you can do it =)

I hate to sound harsh- but overeating/fast food is addiction- just like being addicted to alcohol. If you were an alcoholic and trying to stop- you wouldn't be successful if you told yourself, "Ok I can have 1 drink a night or even a few times a week... have all I want on Wednesday and then not drink anything on Thursday to make up for it".. You're still an alcoholic.
    I know fast food is my weakness and in order to stop the addiction- I had to completely cut it out of my life and learn to deal with the emotional issues behind it.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have Luna Bars in my car console. That way if I'm out on the road, I have them handy in case I get hungry.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had a rough day as well. At work without even thinking I grabbed a cookie... on my way home I was like OMG! I HAD A COOKIE!!! What a waste of 140 calories! Then when I got home, I just ate, thinking I would be fine... then I had two glasses of milk at dinner... I was almost 280 over for the day.... so guess what? I am popping in a few work out videos and burning 300 cals tonight. I usually don't eat back my calories I earn from working out... but tonight I am working off the extra calories I ate!

Like everyone else has said, you had a difficult day today, tomorrow is a new day, you don't have to let it make for a bad week, month or year. Cheers to all of us having a better calorie day tomorrow!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    You are allowed to give in from time to time. If you don't, I think your setting yourself to fail. We can treat ourselves. Just don't do it all the time... I tried cutting everything out and I got to a point where I wanted it so bad I fell off the wagon big time. So now I do small treats and I enjoy it. What's the point in losing if your miserable?