Want to be fit in a year

Hi

I am almost thirty nine and a few weeks ago I realized that I am carrying an extra 6 stones in weight.

I MUST LOOSE THIS BEFORE I AM 40!

Thanks to Alice Cooper on Planet Rock I realized that I was carrying a half a person on my body. Scary.

I normally would drink at least a full 2ltr bottle of coke per day. Not drinking any other drinks other than water every day.

I started last week not to badly by giving up coke and lost 2 lbs, Although I did have about 1/2 a ltr over 2 days last week .

This week I discovered your App on the Iphone started off badly though as my chocolate and bag of crisps were naughty.

I only have one question thought am I doing this right?

The calorie control says I should be eating 1330 cal per day before exercise is added in.

The only issue I have is I am finding it really difficult to eat that much food.

My Portions of things like Potatoes is mega I wouldn't eat that much normally. I appear to be eating more and more.

I have also started cycling on my exercise bike. 30 mins per day. bike is saying 22 kmph. so a moderate routine. meaning I then need another 300 or so calories.

Can anyone tell me this is me doing this right?