Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why do people class themselves in leagues?

2»

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    If you believe you are out of someones league- your retarded.

I think I love you.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Ie: saying she/he is out of my league. why isn't everyone accessible to everyone?

I agree. Why do guys reject girls just because they are overweight ...

not all guys reject girls who are overweight
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Welcome to the human race. We sort and classify everything. People especially.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    When I was in high school (and most of college, actually), I played into the "out of my league" thoughts ... Looking back though I think that I just lacked confidence in those areas.

Looking back there were a lot of girls who would flirt with me, but I brushed all of it off as "they're just being nice." it wasn't until college where it began to click (with the help of friends who would point things out to me)

Now more than ever I have bought in to the thought that I can get and deserve the best (really not trying to sound arrogant, just realizing my own great traits). :)

"great traits"... now if by that you mean the abs in that picture, i'd say yeah... those count! :wink: (and i'm a happily married woman)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Because just because someone can play t-ball doesn't mean they're MLB ready.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    I think I am out of certain peoples' leagues. I may get a lot of flak for saying this, but if a guy doesn't take care of himself, eats like crap, never works out, doesn't care to dress well, doesn't shave/shower regularly, his apartment is a dump, never does his own laundry/washes his sheets, has had the same dead end job for four years, isn't in school and plays video games all day...

then I am COMPLETELY out of his league.

I want a man who leads a lifestyle similar to mine, or it'll never work.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Welcome to the human race. We sort and classify everything. People especially.

exactly
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    People like to think in terms of superiority and hierarchy.

But realistically, being in someone's league is more about living the kind of life that would mesh well with theirs.

IE: fit people want to be with people who value and support their dedication for fitness. Geeks want to be with people who value and enjoy their geekiness. Not that those are necessarily opposites, but just as an example.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    I think I am out of certain peoples' leagues. I may get a lot of flak for saying this, but if a guy doesn't take care of himself, eats like crap, never works out, doesn't care to dress well, doesn't shave/shower regularly, his apartment is a dump, never does his own laundry/washes his sheets, has had the same dead end job for four years, isn't in school and plays video games all day...

then I am COMPLETELY out of his league.

I want a man who leads a lifestyle similar to mine, or it'll never work.

I wonder whats wrong with you:huh: , I mean I totally get what your saying, you dont want a loser...ok, but I wonder what list your ex could come up with or some one youve known that would have a laundry list about you. and consider you beneath them
    Im just saying.:smokin:
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    i will stop thinking married women are out of my league
  • imchicbad
    If you believe you are out of someones league- your retarded.

I think I love you.
    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

I LOVE YA BACK!:wink:

LOOK: all im saying is you should never say never...because YOU NEVA' KNOW.:bigsmile: and you could be passing by the greatest love of your life because your simple minded.
    Yeah I said it, I went there.:smokin:
  • imchicbad
    i will stop thinking married women are out of my league

LOL- you went to far ................:laugh:
  • When I was in high school (and most of college, actually), I played into the "out of my league" thoughts ... Looking back though I think that I just lacked confidence in those areas.

Looking back there were a lot of girls who would flirt with me, but I brushed all of it off as "they're just being nice." it wasn't until college where it began to click (with the help of friends who would point things out to me)

Now more than ever I have bought in to the thought that I can get and deserve the best (really not trying to sound arrogant, just realizing my own great traits). :)

Oh absolutely not! It's really more of a feeling that I shouldn't settle for anything less than I deserve, and if I really like someone, that I should be confident and not sell myself short or get into the mindset of well "that person would never like me!"

I believe that we all have really special qualities, and I'm open to meeting anyone and learning about those qualities ... And that those qualities are so much more than superficial characteristics ... Qualities that exist deep in the cores of our being.
    So then do you believe all but the most amazing women are out of their league if they approach you?
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    i guess essentially its a way for people to protect themselves from anyone who may cause rejection and pain... i think the roots of it probably lie in social classes...
    the idea that someone wouldnt want marry below their station socially/economically has evolved to be applied to looks only reversing the judgement and guessing who wouldnt want them...

Some claim that social class has gone from modern society, that we have moved beyond class boundaries, maybe this is what it has become a much more superficial version of itself, based on looks and popularity... i dont know just a theory... i personally still believe social classes to be a big thing in society today - i am middle class, i have middle class values, i strive for a middle class job, i am attracted to middle class men because they share my middle class values and understanding, and can equally support a middle class lifestyle

(if you hadnt guessed by now I studied psychology and sociology :smile: )
    x