what are your go-to happy hour drinks?

Options
It's hard to go to happy hour after work *without* drinking. I have three go to drinks but would like to increase my repertoire. Here are mine:

hard alcohol: rum and diet coke
beer: guinness (fewer calories than one would expect!)
any red wine

What are your go-to drinks? Any fancy mixed drinks I can add?

Replies

• funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    jack and diet coke or rum and diet coke. it used to be vodka pineapple, but those were almost 200 each. yikes.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I second the jack & diet.

I also drink Corona Light if I'm going to drink beer.

If you want a fancy drink splurge on it! When I go out, I will usually have 1 "fancy" drink. :) I just plan my day around those extra calories.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary- low on the calories, but kinda high in sodium.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Tequila (or vodka or white rum) with lime and soda. Preferably fresh juice squeezed out of a piece of lime, not sugary lime from a bottle.
    Beer - I drink Pure Blonde if it's available because I like the taste. And it's lower in cals than lots of other beers so that's a bonus.
    Cider - half a pint rather than a pint.

Usually my strategy is to have one alcoholic drink then one plain soda water (or sparkling mineral water). This comes in a glass with ice and a lemon slice and a straw so it looks like a mixed drink which is handy if you don't want people to ask why you aren't drinking.
  • 78Octane
    Options
    I love me some Guinness, but the calories for a pint are like 200-215 calories. I try to stick to miller lite or michelob ultra if I must drink beer.

Diet Sprite and Vodka is my go to drink.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Caesar's & Corona
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I second the bloody mary when you want something fancy/salty.

I try to stick to vodka club soda with lime and every other one without alcohol. I also for a single in a pint glass so it lasts longer.
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I normally go for the Michelob Ultra because it is only 95 cal and 2.6 grams of carbs... Don't feel guilty that way!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    BEER - Coors Light to be specific.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Usually my strategy is to have one alcoholic drink then one plain soda water (or sparkling mineral water). This comes in a glass with ice and a lemon slice and a straw so it looks like a mixed drink which is handy if you don't want people to ask why you aren't drinking.

Jealous. The bar I shoot darts out of serves alcoholic beverages in one type of glass and non-alcoholic beverages in another. I get so much crap during league for not drinking alcohol. But they dont realize that I would if I could but I'm only 20 and I cant broadcast my age since technically I cant be in the bar after 9pm unless I'm 21.

During my at home happy hour though my go to is gin and diet tonic with lime or vodka and diet cherry 7up with a lemon slice
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    vodka water with lemon
    rum and diet
    an occasional light beer, which is more cals, but I don't eat then because beer fills me up.

Guinness is 210 cals per pint... ouch!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love me some Guinness, but the calories for a pint are like 200-215 calories. I try to stick to miller lite or michelob ultra if I must drink beer.

Diet Sprite and Vodka is my go to drink.

True, Guinness is better for an at-home drink bc the 12 oz bottles are 125 calories!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Depends on what's happening afterwards. If it's just for a drink, I'll usually get a white Russian or an Old fashion. If I'm out with my friends bar hopping, then it's usually something cheap like cranberry and vodka :p
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Shots of vodka or rum :)
  • No alcohol for me right now, until a few weeks go by but I think I would go with rum n coke or tequila n limes.

:)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't drink =D
  • msgingerc
    Options
    ALL OF THEM.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Double Cherry Vodka and Diet Coke/ Pepsi/ Coke Zero
  • Fristers
    Options
    Vodka/soda with lime or lemon garnish is supposed to be the lowest in cals and carbs, with bourbon and diet coke next.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Depends where I am at, but I either go for guiness or killian's Irish red for beer and Captain and diet for a cocktail. I generally have some extra calories hanging around by the weekend so am not all that worried about the higher calorie beers.