peanut butter cookies/bars recipe??

Options
sarahness
sarahness Posts: 80 Member
I am looking for a good recipe for either a peanut butter cookie or bar to just grab and go or something to snack on during the day. Obviously a healthy version :) Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    Options
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Can't say enough good about ChocolateCoveredKatie.com website, it's healthy, fun, she creates single servings foods, ingredients you can swap out according to your needs etc.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/08/27/chocolate-chip-peanut-butter-balls/

(can be gluten-free)

■1/2 cup rolled oats (or oat bran or quick oats) (Maybe even flaxmeal or protein powder!) (40g)
    ■1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter, or Sunbutter to be allergy-friendly) (115g)
    ■stevia drops to taste, or 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp pure maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice (If using a dry sweetener, you might have to add a little water or oil to make a dough. If using a liquid sweetener—such as maple syrup or agave—don’t add any extra liquid.)
    ■scant 1/8 tsp salt
    ■2 tbsp flour or oat bran, or perhaps protein powder (I used spelt flour, but many others—such as oat or almond or all-purpose flour—will be fine. Not sure about coconut flour.) (15g)
    ■chocolate chips!!

Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl, and mix until well-incorporated. (If you store your nut butter in the fridge, you might want to melt it a little so it stirs more easily.) Roll into balls, and try not to eat them all at once. Luckily, this recipe doesn’t make four hundred and fifty four.

View Nutrition Info
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-chip-peanut-butter-balls-nutrition-facts/
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL BARS
    3 Cups oats
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 cup milk
    2 tbsp butter, melted
    2 eggs
    2 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp salt
    2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup peanut butter

Mix all ingredients and stir well. Spread in 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

(I use 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend instead of the brown sugar.)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Peanut Butter Granola Bites
    Lisa @ Onceamonthmom.com

Ingredients:

0.33 cups agave nectar
    0.25 cups creamy peanut butter
    2 Tbsp butter
    1 cup crisp rice cereal
    1 cup old fashioned old oats
    0.5 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Place chocolate chips in freezer prior to prep – this will help them not to melt when you add to the mix. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine agave nectar, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in cereal and oats. Let mixture cool for about 2 minutes, then stir in chocolate chips. Form mixture into tablespoon sized balls, and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.

Freezing Directions:

Follow directions above. Place cookie sheet in freezer instead of refrigerator. Flash Freeze. When bites are frozen solid, divide among indicated number of gallon sized freezer storage bags. TO SERVE: Remove desired number of bites from freezer and thaw on countertop for 20 minutes.

Servings: 24
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Genius Chocolate-Chip Blondies

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/18/chocolate-chip-blondies-and-theyre-good-for-you/
    (makes 15-20 squares)

■1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed) (250g after draining)
    ■3/4 tsp baking powder
    ■1/8 tsp baking soda
    ■level 1/4 tsp salt
    ■3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar (See note below, for substitutions)
    ■2 tsp vanilla extract
    ■1/4 cup ground flax or quick oats (20g)
    ■1/4 cup peanut butter (or other fat source) (see nutrition link below, for lower-cal options)
    ■optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Not “optional” if you’re CCK!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (except chips) until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips, and scoop into a greased (or tinfoil-lined) 8×8 pan. Optional: for “prettiness” you can stick some chocolate chips on top of the batter as well. Bake for around 30 minutes. They’ll look a little undercooked when you take them out, but they firm up as they cool, and you don’t want them to get hard.

View Nutrition Info
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/baked-goods/doughnut-holes/blondies/blondie-nutritional-info/

"Sugar note: I also made a batch using stevia, which I thought were delicious! But my friends informed me they tasted like bars of soap. Therefore, I’ll keep making the stevia version, but just for myself… a tray of blondies all to oneself is never a bad thing! (Edit: commenters have had success with subbing some of the sugar for stevia, with xylitol, with evaporated cane juice, with banana, etc. Please feel free to try any of the ideas people have left in the comment section. But don’t be upset with me if the experiments don’t work out well. I can only vouch for the results if you make the recipe as written!) "
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    The following recipe is sugar-free and healthy, but I promise it tastes just as rich and decadent as traditional fudge. In fact, it might taste even better. Without ingredients like sugar and heavy cream to weigh it down, the true goodness of the chocolate and peanut butter really shine.

Chocolate-PB Fudge

(Or chocolate peanut butter frosting!)

■2 T peanut butter
    ■2 T coconut butter or homemade coconut butter
    ■2 T cocoa powder (10g)
    ■80g very-ripe banana (1/2 a medium banana)
    ■1/16 tsp salt (more if using unsalted pb)
    ■optional: feel free to add a little sweetener if your bananas aren’t ripe enough

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender (I use the Magic Bullet). Scoop into a container or even a little pie pan, and put in the fridge or freezer so it will firm up. (Alternatively, you can eat it soft, like frosting!)

See banana fudge post for Nutritional Facts.
    Scroll down: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/02/04/raw-chocolate-fudge-cake/

The calories and sugar for this recipe will be the same as the one linked above. However, this recipe will have a bit more protein (around 4g per serving). (You could also try using chocolate protein powder in place of the cocoa, if you want higher-protein fudge, but I haven’t done this.)
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump for Later :-) Sounds like some yummy stuff here!
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    http://fitandtoneforlife.blogspot.com ... there are a ton of healthy snack ideas on there
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump

Love the chocolate and peanut butter combination.
  • dckennedy22
    Options
    Aaagh! Peanut butter!

My one weakness!

*Omnomnomnom*
  • dbutorac
    Options
    bump
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow lots go good recipes here to try! Yeah!
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to make ONE cookie? I have a hard time dividing ingredients & having it come out right. A whole pan would be too irresistable! :smile:
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, chocolate and peanut butter! My favorite flavor combination!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • CKLE2793
    Options
    Bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Is it possible to make ONE cookie? I have a hard time dividing ingredients & having it come out right. A whole pan would be too irresistable! :smile:

Peanut Butter Granola Bites
    Lisa @ Onceamonthmom.com

Here's one from above that makes 24 and they freeze so you can pull out what you would like.
    ChocolateCoveredKatie.com Has a whole section on Single serving treats. Anything from 1 cookie, or a cupcake, carrot cake etc., all very healthy...her whole site uses wonderful ingredients, healthy , simply and yummy:drinker:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/13/single-serving-recipes/
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump