New and a bit bewildered..

Options
Hi all
I'm new to MFP, but understand the concept of logging food and exercise as I had a Fitbug for a couple of years. BUT, am finding this site a little overwhelming, and don't really understand how the whole 'friend' thing works (although I love the idea of being able to support each other).
I'm 44, a Mum of 2, live in Wales, UK, and juggle working full-time in DH's business with all my (and Hubby's and kids) fitness classes, hobbies etc etc.
Have recently gone from the girl least likely to take up exercise and who hated PE in school, to someone who runs (albeit very slowly) and who is constantly surprising herself at what she might actually be capable of....
Would love to hear from like-minded people.

Replies

• getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    awesome! ive used this site before and it is awesome, but this is my "clean slate" had to take a break and i decided to make a new one... needed a redo! sending a friend request!
  • euthena
    Options
    Hi there
    I know the feeling of being totally over whelmed but you do work it out slowly but surely :) I dont think I could ever run it just doesnt appeal to me at all but I have been told its very good for weight loss and exercise so I might just pick your brains for more information :) I have sent a friends request to you both :)
    euthie
    xxxx
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    and a friend who has even cooler hair than me!!!! Must get my avatar sorted :)
  • darnashus
    Options
    Hi All,

I am new as well. I am a working mom of two and also feel overwhelmed. I just started working out since ???who knows when. Its difficult but I am in the right mind frame at this time and I know I want to make the time to make a change. I have made a committment to myself. I'm pretty sure I am the weakest one at the gym...but at then of my workout I stop sip my water and think I DID IT! I got throught it and I give myself that rewarding experience in my mind. It helps me to think of it day by day and logging keeps me accountable. Have a good day. D
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    welcome! IT ALL TAKES TIME, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Well, the way I see it, it doesn't matter how much I do at the gym, or how slowly I run, I'm still being more active than the person at home on their sofa!!

Thanks for your friendships girls!