Profile Pics

Options
I recently felt comfortable enough to change my pic from my Pink Mini to a real pic of me. We hide behind usernames and profile pictures. This is a site unlike other social sites where we can hide if we want to.

Tell me your name and if you are still hiding and if you will ever feel ready to reveal the true you.

I am Nikki and 5 weeks ago changed my picture. I was hiding from my chins.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No need to hide, you look beautiful! :)

I'm Colie, and I have never hidden here...but I don't think anyone should!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

This ^ ^ ^ ^ apart from I'm Kimmi :-)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i changed mine about 4 weeks ago from a picture of my most recent tattoo to my face. i really have zero self-confidence.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

This ^ ^ ^ ^ apart from I'm Kimmi :-)

Ditto except i dont look that good in a bikini top. I'm Ben and I'm sure I have nude pics somewhere on the internet (why i stopped drinking) so i hide behind nothing!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to hide....but I did recently change my profile picture because I'm proud of my accomplishment of running the Warrior Dash (even if it was back in May) and this picture turned out really awesome!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Not hiding because I like the supportive atmosphere of this site.

Now if it took the turn of other forums/sites, then i would hide again!
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Jon here, im not hiding. Why should i try to hide on the internet...when people see me everyday. They know my size and I know my size..So what you see is the real me.
  • mrsknotts
    Options
    im Valerie, these are goal pics. I've always used my own.pic.but it used to be just my face. I didnt start out so confident but I have great friends and support here
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    I don't feel the need to hide....but I did recently change my profile picture because I'm proud of my accomplishment of running the Warrior Dash (even if it was back in May) and this picture turned out really awesome!

That picture did turn out amazing, really well done.

I think you all look amazing, it is so good to see so many people don't hide.

I sometimes read threads on here and wonder what some look like. They sound like beautiful people and are witty, supportive and helpful but they are hiding behind photos of what they want to be or things, like me and my car did.
  • m13sam2012
    Options
    <---- me!! or my butt! sorry but i love it haha! sometimes i put my face but i like to change my pics everyweek!!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    i changed mine about 4 weeks ago from a picture of my most recent tattoo to my face. i really have zero self-confidence.

I think you have a beautiful face, wonderful skin and huge eyes. I am glad your pic is of you. You are amazing!
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    <---- me!! or my butt! sorry but i love it haha! sometimes i put my face but i like to change my pics everyweek!!

Nice Butt! wish mine was that pert! ;)
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not hiding. :-) I just use this pic on every forum I go on. It reminds me of the cracking weekend I'd had! 8-)
  • wildjenmonster
    wildjenmonster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy proud of how I look in my picture..it was taken after letting my hair down from a just-for-fun photoshoot with my gal pal (she talked me into it). I never used to show myself online, but in recent years I've gotten over my fear. I feel gorgeous for a change!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    When I first started on MFP, I used a picture of trees or something, then decided people probably want to know who is "talking" when I post something or send a message to someone. I love this picture of me and my boyfriend because we were being silly and having fun, and his daughter actually took the picture, so it means a lot to me for many reasons.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    you don't need to hide the purpose of this site is for fitness reasons so there's nothing wrong with sharing your identity with others
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    I perfer to keep my identity safe and sound. My boss and coworker roam these areas.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am not photogenic at all. Originally I had pictures of my dogs as my profile pic. Then someone took this picture of me and my husband and sent it to me. It's not great, but it's better than most pictures of me.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I perfer to keep my identity safe and sound. My boss and coworker roam these areas.

what do you got to hide you're just losing weight? lol
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options

what do you got to hide you're just losing weight? lol

A lot.

A lot...

homer-evil-dog.gif