Now is the time! The only time is now.

:smile: This is it, folks. I've had it with my excuses and avoidances. Time to face the facts: I eat too much of the wrong foods and don't move around enough. Now is the time to take back control of my life and my body in positive, healthy ways. I welcome anyone who would like to share the journey with me. I will try to be online at least once a day, a check in. Please don't take it personally if I don't get back to you right away, as I only have a few minutes to spare and want to get some moving around into that time frame as well. So onward, upward, and let's do it! :happy:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    You CAN do this! Take it from me, if I CAN, ANYONE can! :wink:
    Anything you do counts as exercise, such as cleaning, mowing the lawn, shoveling, gardening, ANYTHING! I myself just finished an hour of cleaning, and I'm sure as heck gonna claim it! My usual form of exercise is dancing to my oldies, or jogging with my Wii, and walking when the weather permits. Which, it's NOT these days, what with living in the "boonies" of NH! :laugh:
    Be honest with yourself and log EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth, then work with your numbers through maybe better food choices, moderation, and getting in some exercise if you need to up your numbers. Also, drink lots of water, it really does help flush out your system. :drinker:
    I'm not sure if I gave you the welcoming speach I usually give the newbies, but, in case I didn't, I totally believe in logging all your foods ahead of time. I sometimes even log as much as 4 or 5 days ahead. I LOVE the feeling of being in control of my eating, and NOT the other way around! Plus, putting the day's worth in ahead of time, I can see if I need to get in some exercise to up my numbers, if I'm over. Or even if I just want that extra snack later in the day! :wink: :smile:
  • ccounts
    ccounts Posts: 57
    :happy: Hey, BrenNew, that's a great idea, posting food in my log ahead of time. As a diabetic, I have learned that planning ahead can make a huge difference in how successful I am at keeping my blood sugar level stable. Now, I see the food log as an excellent tool for that. Thanks for the idea!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    Anytime! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • bestmomtr
    bestmomtr Posts: 12 Member
    I also found if I log my food ahead of time, it keeps me on track. Wish there was a way to log it then check it off as it was eaten. Then I could print it out and put it on my fridge. Now I just print it and mark thru it when I have finished it.
    It is also cold here in NC so getting out to walk is hard. I love my Wii Fitness and have started working with it for 30 min each day. It makes it fun to step, run or just hula hoop. Have a great day Ccounts and BrenNew.
  • ccounts
    ccounts Posts: 57
    Hey, BrenNew, it really helped to plan ahead. I was very conscious of my choices. I did find that my plan went awry in the evening. I had planned to have salmon, sweet potato and salad, but by the time I got home two hours late from work, I had a bad headache and couldn't think of cooking. So I opted for Teddy unsalted natural peanut butter and Polaner blackberry sugarfree preserves on whole wheat bread. I've just deleted what I had planned to have and added what I actually had, and guess what? They came out the same. Certainly not quite the same nutrition, but they were careful choices nonetheless, so I feel pretty good about it. Came in a little under calories. Still have the headache, though.... Is that common? Glad I had some greens, skim milk and chicken salad for lunch.

So, thanks for the great tip. It's easy to see why you're so successful with your weight loss. That's great! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    Hey, BrenNew, it really helped to plan ahead. I was very conscious of my choices. I did find that my plan went awry in the evening. I had planned to have salmon, sweet potato and salad, but by the time I got home two hours late from work, I had a bad headache and couldn't think of cooking. So I opted for Teddy unsalted natural peanut butter and Polaner blackberry sugarfree preserves on whole wheat bread. I've just deleted what I had planned to have and added what I actually had, and guess what? They came out the same. Certainly not quite the same nutrition, but they were careful choices nonetheless, so I feel pretty good about it. Came in a little under calories. Still have the headache, though.... Is that common? Glad I had some greens, skim milk and chicken salad for lunch.

So, thanks for the great tip. It's easy to see why you're so successful with your weight loss. That's great! :flowerforyou:

I sometimes put in 2 or even 3 dinners, and then delete the ones that I DON'T pick, once I make up my mind. That way I can see all my numbers, and which ones will work out best, number AND time wise. :wink:
    As for the headaches, I've heard a lot of people get them when they're getting off caffeine, or, also can get them from the substitute sugars, such as Splenda. I use Splenda though, and also have flavored water with the fake sugar, and don't seem to have problems. Guess it depends on the individual person. Could your headaches be from giving one of those things? :huh: