How many days ?

ccdo
ccdo Posts: 217
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
just wonderin im on my third day of using aqua ban to get rid of water weight but the scales seems to be risin even more
why is it gettin worse and how many days should it take to get rid of it i would really really love to know to put my mind at ease

thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    was this prescribed to you? What does your doctor say?
  • ccdo
    i can get it without a prescrition so its handy my doctor doesn know and doesnt need to know i just cant take water weight anymore im on my third day of them
  • SHBoss1673
    diuretics can be dangerous. This is just my personal opinion of course. But if you take something and it doesn't have the intended affect after the time alloted, that usually means something else is going on. If the directions say that they should be working by now, then it's probably NOT water weight.

Anyway, if you haven't been diagnosed with something that includes bloating (LIKE CHF or Pulmonary failure or IBS...etc) then usually a high fiber, low sodium diet will solve bloating for you in 5 to 7 days naturally. Usually bloating is either caused from some medical condition, or a result of eating far too much sodium, I would focus on diet. Again just my humble opinion.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Diuretics (fluid pills) are not good for your liver at all. So if you wasn't seen by a doctor I wouldn't take them. Have you tried to really watch your sodium and drink extra water to flush the fluid out? I just would hate for you to take something that can harm you!
  • ccdo
    thanks SHB for the pointers im too scared to talk to the doctor so i asked the pharmacist and they suggested it to me i just said im bloated and think its water weight and they told me to take these for a few days

april thanks ive reduced my sodium level gradually each day and then eventually i will have it reduced enough not to cause this but i need the extra help in doin so with the water pills im also drinkin extra water too.. im goin to stop takin them on sunday and see how i get on

thanks to you both for the advice :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    thanks SHB for the pointers im too scared to talk to the doctor so i asked the pharmacist and they suggested it to me i just said im bloated and think its water weight and they told me to take these for a few days

april thanks ive reduced my sodium level gradually each day and then eventually i will have it reduced enough not to cause this but i need the extra help in doin so with the water pills im also drinkin extra water too.. im goin to stop takin them on sunday and see how i get on

seriously, you don't need diuretics if this is a one time thing. Just focus on eating more healthy and maintaining your water levels, it will go down all on it's own. If it doesn't after 5 or 6 days of clean eating with plenty of fiber and relatively low sodium (between 1500 and 2500 mg) then go see a doctor because there's almost definitely something else going on, pharmacists are NOT doctors, and other than drug interactions and allergies, aren't a very good resource for medical advice.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member

You really need to stop taking them now. You do not want your body to get use to taking this medicine to get rid of fluid.
  • ccdo
    ok will do that then thanks i dont want to become dependant on them your right thanks :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    I just wanted to let you know that my doctor does have me on diuretic for hypertension. He does blood work twice a year to make sure that it isn't effecting my liver. Please, please, please don't take these without a doctor's suppervision.

Why in the world are they even selling this kind of stuff OTC???? I had no idea!!
  • SHBoss1673
    I just wanted to let you know that my doctor does have me on diuretic for hypertension. He does blood work twice a year to make sure that it isn't effecting my liver. Please, please, please don't take these without a doctor's suppervision.

Why in the world are they even selling this kind of stuff OTC???? I had no idea!!

I doubt they sell the strength that you get from your doctor, considering how many products out there are mild diuretics anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. Alcohol's a diuretic, as is coffee.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member

I doubt they sell the strength that you get from your doctor, considering how many products out there are mild diuretics anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. Alcohol's a diuretic, as is coffee.

This is true!! I hadn't thought about alcohol and caffiene. I just know I hate being on the stuff and I can't imagine taking it unless my doctor made me. Heck, I'm hoping my BP might drop enough to be taken off. (I really should stop hoping for that. I'm going to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.)
This discussion has been closed.