Exercise calories?!

2»

Replies

• loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    500 calorie burn for 45 minutes is pretty high. Are you measuring that or just going by MFP or machines? If you don't have a HRM or some other device to measure your burn, I'd assume it's lower. That said, I agree that you can probably eat around 1600 and still lose, and maybe even eat back some of your exercise calories on days you feel hungry. Try it for a while longer. If you've lost 4 lbs in a month, that's pretty good. Everyone is different, tho, so don't want to do what everyone else is doing. Just keep trying things and see what works for you.

500 calories is not high for a 45 minute workout. It all depends on what you are doing. I can burn 800 - 900 in 45 minutes running at 8-10 MPH for a 5 mile run. Or doing a high impact Insanity workout. This is based on my HRM of course which is consistent with every workout and kicking *kitten* on my workout.
  • 500 calorie burn for 45 minutes is pretty high. Are you measuring that or just going by MFP or machines? If you don't have a HRM or some other device to measure your burn, I'd assume it's lower. That said, I agree that you can probably eat around 1600 and still lose, and maybe even eat back some of your exercise calories on days you feel hungry. Try it for a while longer. If you've lost 4 lbs in a month, that's pretty good. Everyone is different, tho, so don't want to do what everyone else is doing. Just keep trying things and see what works for you.

500 calories is not high for a 45 minute workout. It all depends on what you are doing. I can burn 800 - 900 in 45 minutes running at 8-10 MPH for a 5 mile run. Or doing a high impact Insanity workout. This is based on my HRM of course which is consistent with every workout and kicking *kitten* on my workout.

I walk at the high incline, at a moderate rate..then i sprint for one minute on a low incline, then walk at a high incline..I don't think it's 500 cals worth, but we'll see when I get my HRM. :)