...to tailor or not to tailor?

Options
Greetings,

First off, if someone had told my in July ("27 pounds ago") that I'd be asking this, I wouldn't believe them.

I am approaching goal #1 (210 pounds). Since I am actually enjoying this experience, I have already decided to set a NEW goal (185-90) and maintain that weight forever.

Now, I wear suits, jackets, shirt/tie, dress pants to work every day. They are currently too big and it's become noticeable. I am reluctant, however, to get them tailored since I am only halfway to my "final" goal.

Do I get them tailored twice or wait? It is not so much a $$ thing, but is it bad for the clothing?

It's also kind of a shame that I have SOOOO many nice clothes that don't fit anymore.

Richard

Replies

• martintanz
    Options
    I have been there before. Might as well tailor some (but not all) of your suits now to get some mileage out of them. If you reach your goal, you probably will need to buy new clothes, as you will likely drop another size or two. It is a problem, but a good problem.
  • RichardJWalter
    RichardJWalter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. Will I need new clothes at my final goal (because they cannot be tailored any more) or will I just WANT new clothes?

Richard
  • fallser
    Options
    I selected certain items to tailor because I really liked them & it is less expensive than buying new items (in some cases). I worked out a deal with the tailor at the dry cleaner because I was going to bring in 6-8 pieces of clothing (dresses & skirts) and that was a nice bit of business for him. But I understand the decision point you're at since you're not completely at your goal yet. I'm 3-5lbs from my goal (which could be another size since I'm only 5'2") and I'm trying also to figure out what to tailor & what to buy. But having new clothes for the new body is a lovely reward for all the commitment & hard work you've shown during the fat loss journey. :)