What should I buy with my birthday funds?

Options
Hey everybody! I've come into some birthday cash, and it's burning a hole in my pocket. So I want to see what you think...

Should I buy...

a Fitbit One?
A Polar FT4 HRM?
Both?
New clothes?

Or something else fitness/health related?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the polar FT4 and some clothes.....and a pedicure or other pampering.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Thanks for your input! Luckily, I've got the pampering covered - I also received a spa gift card, which I fully intend to use!
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you need help with burning calories I'd go with a fitbit, got mine a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Really easy to use and you hardly even notice you're wearing it.

If you have lost a bit of weight already, are on top of the whole exercise thing and just want to treat yourself then you can't beat new clothes!
  • winterdancer
    Options
    I would go with the clothes.
  • SelenisGoesFit
    Options
    Polar FT4 FTW :)
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    FT4 all the way. It's been a huge help to me.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Winter is coming. Do you have indoor equipment?
  • gloup81
    Options
    buy a galaxy s3 :P
  • ChunkiChica
    Options

I have a weight system, treadmill, and elliptical where I'm living now. I may be moving soon, so that could change. But honestly, I don't use the equipment. I've been using Zumba DVDs for my exercise regime.

On the other hand...maybe I should buy the first season of Game of Thrones... :bigsmile:
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the Polar FT4. IF you go to bodytronics.com and order it, use coupon code POPO and you can get it, free shipping included, for UNDER SIXTY DOLLARS!!!! It's been a HUGE help to me!!!
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Skip Polar ft4. Go with a Polar ft60! NOW there's an investment.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    buy a galaxy s3 :P

Haha, that's pretty funny. I just got my Galaxy SII Skyrocket a couple months ago (for $9.99 online!) and I'm totally in love. :love:
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The Polar HRM, I bought one and love it! You can buy some new clothes the next time you get some extra cash. Because you'll need even smaller sizes after you use your HRM!
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options

or appropriate outdoor equipment? base layer clothing... good snow boots... nice weather proof jacket (I don't wear a coat... just base layers and if it gets really cold a jacket)... if you hike crampons for your boots... if you are where it is snowy and there is a resort near by lift tickets/ski/snowboard equipment/lessons...

I plan on outfitting my family with new base layer clothing for Christmas this year... we like to play in the snow... and it is so much more fun when you are appropriately dressed!
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Skip Polar ft4. Go with a Polar ft60! NOW there's an investment.

Straight from the website - The Polar FT60 is "For committed exercisers"

Wow. Heady description... lol
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Polar HRM- I love mine !
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    The Polar HRM, I bought one and love it! You can buy some new clothes the next time you get some extra cash. Because you'll need even smaller sizes after you use your HRM!

Yes, that is a concern for me. (I'm already 2 pant sizes smaller).

Shirts, on the other hand, do not change. I have two huge sisters on the chest, so until I lose a significant about of weight (I'm thinking down to about 170-175) I will not go from a XL to L.

Everyone seems to like the HRM..
  • ChunkiChica
    Options

or appropriate outdoor equipment? base layer clothing... good snow boots... nice weather proof jacket (I don't wear a coat... just base layers and if it gets really cold a jacket)... if you hike crampons for your boots... if you are where it is snowy and there is a resort near by lift tickets/ski/snowboard equipment/lessons...

I plan on outfitting my family with new base layer clothing for Christmas this year... we like to play in the snow... and it is so much more fun when you are appropriately dressed!

That is a great idea. I do not live in an area where I can ski, but winter hiking gear would be nice.

My main exercise regime right now is Zumba, though..maybe I should get some Zumba gear...
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    I'd go with the Polar FT4. IF you go to bodytronics.com and order it, use coupon code POPO and you can get it, free shipping included, for UNDER SIXTY DOLLARS!!!! It's been a HUGE help to me!!!

Wow, thanks for the insider buying tip! If I decide on the HRM, I'll definitely do this.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    hookers and blow

but if you're set on spending the money on something constructive *yawns* then go with the HRM.