Protein

Options
Ok, I've read all the posts about eating all your calories. But I'm over my protein usually with 5-600 calories left. Can anyone suggest some low protein foods...preferrably not vegetables...I eat at least a salad a day and vegetables (corn, greenbeans, etc.) with dinner. I'm not trying to be picky, just looking for something I'm not already doing.
I just love that little smiley face with the flower :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deargan
    Deargan Posts: 18
    Options
    Ok, I've read all the posts about eating all your calories. But I'm over my protein usually with 5-600 calories left. Can anyone suggest some low protein foods...preferrably not vegetables...I eat at least a salad a day and vegetables (corn, greenbeans, etc.) with dinner. I'm not trying to be picky, just looking for something I'm not already doing.
    I just love that little smiley face with the flower :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    How about fruit? Heads up, corn is a starch like rice, cereals and potatoes...a good website for nutritional advice is www.mypyramid.gov...take care and good luck,
    Fat Dancer
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on Protein. It's not a big deal - everyone does it.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You can try to add some good carbs, like whole grains - whole wheat bread, oatmeal, quinoa (these have some protein, but more carbs). Also, don't forget about good fats - olive oil, canola oil. Nuts and nut butters have both protein and fat so that might be good as well.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, brown rice is good, too. :-) You might also try beans and legumes - they have some protein, but not as much as meat, and they also have lots of fiber. I also second the suggestion of fruit.