Any healthy recipes that freeze well?

Options
Hi,

Do any of you have any good recipes I can make ahead for myself and freeze in individual portions? Recipes that freeze well? I have been experimenting with various low fat casseroles and stews in the slow cooker, but I find the texture tough or 'bitty' when I eat the frozen portions.

I'm not fond of liver or celery, but will eat most other things. I do prefer to cook from scratch too, even during the days of old eating habits, I rarely ate processed food, simply because I enjoy cooking and it tastes so much better to me. (This is as true of a steak and ale pie as a low fat veggie curry).

Does anyone have one those individual portion sized slow cookers? What are they like? I could just freeze batches of meat or veggies and put them in a small slow cooker in the morning before work...

It's difficult as I can't feed the whole family what I eat (though i do tell my husband to eat it or cook himself!) and I can't eat what my son eats as he is underweight (medical condition) and I sneak things like gold top milk, cream, peanut butter, greek yogurt and nuts into his food wherever possible. I don't have the time or energy to make 2 meals each night after work.

So if anyone has any recipes they could share, or tips for more successful freezing of cooked foods, I'd be really grateful.

Thank you.

Replies

• Kipenzi7
    Kipenzi7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm on the hunt myself, spacebean, since 15 minutes ago when I noticed that my Eating Right meal has 29% of my sodium, and I added salt to it! Roops. I will post here if I find anything good.