Personal problem :?

Options
2»

Replies

• sgaranzuay
    sgaranzuay Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So many great replies, there's not much to add. This happens to me... all the time, actually. I'm on a training diet (no fruit for a month...hmf!) and there tends to be a regular traffic jam. I drink a significant amount of water, ~ 1 gal/day. When that doesn't get things moving, I drink a fiber packet (Metamucil) or take a softener. That does the trick.

NO problems on this site talking about your body and the changes you experience during weight loss. Everyone has a different path, but we all see the same trees along the way. Make sense?

Continued good luck to you and I hope you're having a congestion free day!

//Severin
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If you can't fit the fiber into your diet, you can always take metamucil or a natural fiber supplement.

Indeed - my fave is Benefiber. Very easy to put in things when cooking or even water, as it dissolves completely and is tasteless and grit free.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I find that too much fiber stops you up just like not enough fiber. My doctor told me to find a gentle stool softener. I just take 1/2 a dose a few times a week and then I'm normal.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Begin your day with a 1 cup serving of Fiber One cereal. Consider having a cup of coffee along with your cereal. You'll meet your entire daily fiber goal and remedy the issue immediately and permanently.
  • spikefoot
    Options
    when I removed bread and whey protein shakes I improved... I don't always think it is related to lack of fiber.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I was having exactly the same problem. NFP had it that I should have 15g of fibre but I watched a programme recently that said at least 18g. I have manually changed mine to 18 and am trying to go over it as much as possible. Good sources of fibre that I have found are beans and there is a bread I have just found with 5.5g of fibre per slice it is Hovis Sensationally seeded wholemeal and it is only 109 cals per slice unlike other high fibre breads that usually come in over 120. Obviously fruits and veggies and prunes if you like them. If you are upping your fibre be sure to drink plenty of water of you could just make things worse. So far I am finding that things are improving for me. Good luck, I know how horrible it is :flowerforyou:
  • noelibear
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the AMAZING suggestions! I am sure one of them will work for me!
  • UnstopableMother
    Options
    I often have had this problem cause of some of my medication the trouble is it turns to fat quickly so you want to get it solved quickly I also strongly suggest you take metamucil or a natural fiber supplement for a few days to get unstopped sort of speak but not on a regular basis or your mechanics shall we say will stop working on their own with out the Metamucil. So after you get working again eat lots of fiber, An apple a day with the pealing on helps allot lotsof leafy greens work well I have also found that raw carrots either sticks or baby carrots and bananas work great for me to keep me regular, How ever a bit of warning bananas have also been known to have the opposite clogging effect on some people. Lots of Fresh peaches work great for me also but only till you get moving again as too many can also spike up your sugar level quickly causing your metabolism to get stuck sort of speak and you will begin to gain weight so use large amount of peaches for a sort term effect.

Also you must be sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day or nothing will work.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered that oranges are high in fibre, and I get these Fruit 'n' Fibre biscuits that are 189 calories and 6g fibre. Those two as snacks are half of my fibre goal a day!

Try and reach 24g of fibre a day (Government reccommended amount) and flush it out with 2-3L of fluids a day which do not have to be plain water.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    If you can't fit the fiber into your diet, you can always take metamucil or a natural fiber supplement.
    Ditto this one. I do. Morning and at night. Keeps the plumbing functioning just fine.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks, any suggestions on a good source of fiber...I am not sure of what veggies to eat or even where to start on this one...

Sufficient fat intake and sufficient water intake is all you need. The amount of fiber they say we need is not correct to say the least.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fish oil pills seem to keep me regular...but an increase in water and fruit also help..
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My wife says hemp oil helps. My mother says hemp oil helped her vision too.