Looking for a workout partner in Louisville, KY

Options
How do you find motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting off your butt? I ask myself this question every now and then, and I have the feeling I’m not the only one. I know that there are a million ways to motivate yourself to exercise, actually, but these are a few that have worked for me. And trust me, I’ve had days when I’ve struggled with exercise. Most recently, the things that have helped include finding a workout partner (one of the best motivators!), logging my exercise, reading magazines, books and websites, and rewarding myself.
However, after summer vacation, I fall off the wagon again and my workout partner moved away. I am looking for a new workout partner who lives in Louisville KY and preferably goes to University of Louisville. We can support each other, stay accountable, go to the SAC gym together, or run outside !!

Replies

• n0bail02
    n0bail02 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone there?? :(
  • mrsteeroy14
    Options
    still looking for workout buddy>
  • Frombigtosmall82
    Frombigtosmall82 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    i live in louisville,ky too. And I go to planet fitness on dixie near kroger. I need a workout buddy too. Just 2 people reaching thier goals of healthy living. It is difficult to keep myself motivated when I am exercising alone. So if you are up for it, send me a message on here and I will get back to you asap. have a wonderfully blessed day y'all.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    i live in louisville,ky too. And I go to planet fitness on dixie near kroger. I need a workout buddy too. Just 2 people reaching thier goals of healthy living. It is difficult to keep myself motivated when I am exercising alone. So if you are up for it, send me a message on here and I will get back to you asap. have a wonderfully blessed day y'all.

Sweetie, this thread is eight years old and the member hasn’t even logged in the past four.

In any event- Is it wise to seek to meet someone who has “no bail” as part of their user name?

I’m old. I guess that was the first thing that jumped out at me.

Is there a local track or even a mall where you might be able to meet some other walkers? If you’re a gym member, talk to someone who oooks like they’re in the same shoes as you. Don’t be hurt if they walk away though. There’s lots of threads on here from people who don’t want to be approached while working out.

What about taking some group classes and chatting up some of the other attendees?

I posted on our neighborhood FB group that was looking for walking and bike riding friends. The bike riding fell apart pretty quick but was able to walk with some neighbors for a year til Covid took that off the plate.