Who has a Jack Russell???????

Options
2»

Replies

• butterfly09
    butterfly09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a Jack Russell that is 8 years old and his name is Bandit. He was born deaf and we taught him to obey with signs. He has been a great dog to our family. When my now 5 year old was a newborn Bandit would lay there and watch for her to move and he would come to my bed andwake me up then run straight to her crib. For being deaf I would have to say he made up for it in so many other ways. Bandit has developed some issues with his hind legs not wanting to work very well any more. We have him on medications but he just is not the same dog he used to be which is a bummer because he was my walking buddy.:smile:
  • KLSimpson
    Options
    We have a 1 1/2 yr old Parson Jack named Zoe. If you look up the word "hyper" in the dictionary, her picture would be there! But we love her to death, and I can't imagine our family without her. She loves playing catch with any kind of ball, and she LOVES when people come over. After my husband and kids, she's the love of my life :) If I took her out for a walk as often as she'd like one, I bet I could lose a lot of weight!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Good morning Bandit, What a great caretaker you are. Sorry to hear about your issues you are having now. Prayed that you get better soon. Very touching story about you.

Hi LoLo. my friendhow are you tis morning? ready for a wonderful day.

Sammy is outside helping his Daddy with the outside chores this morning. It is cold here , got down to 16 and that is cold. He is all excited this morning for it is Friday and we get out and runs some errons and he know he get to go.

Here looking for some of your pals to show up today.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Sammy and Marie
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I have a JRT named Lexie who just turned 2, and she is the love of my life (next to DBF) she is soo smart and extremely fast!!!! She loves to cuddle with her mommy and daddy and play with her big brother No Name. I dont know what i would do with out her! So glad there is a JRT thread on here! Yay!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I have a JRT named Lexie who just turned 2, and she is the love of my life (next to DBF) she is soo smart and extremely fast!!!! She loves to cuddle with her mommy and daddy and play with her big brother No Name. I dont know what i would do with out her! So glad there is a JRT thread on here! Yay!

I know I've told you before how ADORABLE your Lexie is!! Very pretty girl!

When your JRTs run really fast do they have their butts underneath their body? LOL:laugh: We call Lois "The White Blur"
  • vrdz3215
    Options

I know I've told you before how ADORABLE your Lexie is!! Very pretty girl!

When your JRTs run really fast do they have their butts underneath their body? LOL:laugh: We call Lois "The White Blur"

She totally does!!!! My dad nicknamed Lexie "white lightning" ! LOL
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I've asked this before in a different thread but, when it's bad outside (Ohio winter) how do you let your Jacks release their energy. In summer I take her for long walks, play ball, etc... but she absolutely does not want to be outside right now. We throw the ball or play tug inside but it doesnt wear her out as much as playing outside. She has been more restless at night and I just feel so bad for her. She does get some exercise on the weekends usually playing with other dogs at our friends house, but during the week... what should we do? I am trying to get ahold of a free treadmill to set up and teach her to walk or jog on that. I tried the laser pointer but she doesnt react to it other than trying to find out what I'm holding :laugh: . Is there anything you guys do with your pups to exercise them inside?
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    ive run into this problem too. I would love some suggestions as well, our winter her in GA isnt quite as bad but for the past couple of weeks its been reallllly cold and she refuses to go outside!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    NOTICE===== i AM THINKING ABOUT CHANGING NAMES HERE What do you guys think about calling this thread

Jack Russell Fan Club

Let me know what you think or if you have another tiile you like better

Marie & Sammy
  • gloriasbox
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you've got a handful there. I have two children (girl 5 and boy 3) and we are planning on getting each of them 1 dog in about 1-2 years. We have been researching and have finally decided we would like a small breed. My husband is in love with Russells but I'm not sure yet, and being that we want two, I really need to be sure. SInce you both have experience with a variety of small dogs, do you have any comments or advice? The dogs are really for the kids but I know all the work and exercising will be left up to us (Mom & Dad) so I need the inside scoop. Please help! :-)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I have no experence with a Jack ruaaell around children, since all of our kids are grown and gone from home. But Sammy is alway excited to see them when they come over and loves to play with the nieghbers kids. But they are hyper dogs and may play to rough. He is a good watch dog. You would absoltely fall in love with one. They are so smart. He remembers everybody, he knows you when he see you again.
    Marie and Sammy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello, I have change this thread to the Jack Russell Fan Club Here is the link Hope you all can find us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75676-jack-russell-fan-club

Who has a Jack Russell??????? this thread is closed. go to the link above
    Marie
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    ive run into this problem too. I would love some suggestions as well, our winter her in GA isnt quite as bad but for the past couple of weeks its been reallllly cold and she refuses to go outside!

Yep...I was 'snowed' in over the weekend.
    Our dogs still braved the cold and slush...in coats. Only 30 minute bursts and then they all sit on the couch in a big ball.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like you've got a handful there. I have two children (girl 5 and boy 3) and we are planning on getting each of them 1 dog in about 1-2 years. We have been researching and have finally decided we would like a small breed. My husband is in love with Russells but I'm not sure yet, and being that we want two, I really need to be sure. SInce you both have experience with a variety of small dogs, do you have any comments or advice? The dogs are really for the kids but I know all the work and exercising will be left up to us (Mom & Dad) so I need the inside scoop. Please help! :-)

Jacks are great family dogs. They do have lots of energy but that can be easily delt with. Best thing to do is to get some books at your local library and do some breed research, watch some Dog Whisperer (Cesar Milan) or It's Me Or The Dog (Victoria Stillwell), and then visit your local shelter or Humane Society. All of my dogs are rescues (I'll never buy from a breeder). Also, remember that you shouldn't rule out large breeds based on size alone. I've owned greyhounds in the past and they are considered 45 mph couch potatos. All dogs (no matter the breed) are wonderful animals if trained and loved. Good luck!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    NOTICE*********************nOTICE********************NOTICE*******************

tHIS THREAD HAS BEEN CHANGE TO SEE LINK BELOW . and click on it to get it on your topic/

is now Jack Russell Fan Club

Good morning to all of you.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    NOTICE*********************nOTICE********************NOTICE*******************

tHIS THREAD HAS BEEN CHANGE TO SEE LINK BELOW . and click on it to get it on your topic/

is now Jack Russell Fan Club

Good morning to all of you.

I know...but I just needed to respond to a few people first.
  • butterfly09
    butterfly09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the prayer!!! Sounds like you had a great day on Friday.:flowerforyou: