What part of MFP helps you most?

I am new to MFP and was wondering what part of MFP you find most useful. I could read for hours on this website but thought this might give me a headstart of what to look at first.

Tell me your favorite things about MFP and what tabs have been most useful on your weightloss journey.

Thanks,
Marianne

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    I just quick add calories and add exercises, with the burn coming from my heart rate monitor. That's my biggest thing, keeping an eye on whats going in and what's being burned, and I tend to look at it week by week, just keeps me in check if I see I've been eating more than I burn for several days in a row I kick up the workouts, or toss out the crackers and get carrots stuff like that. The forums are great when I'm bored but I can't say I've learned anything life changing from them, I've made some cool friends on here that inspire me though! It's great to see real people succeeding.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    The awesome friends I have and how supportive they are! Definatly get yourself a good team of supportive friends!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    The reality check from tracking everything that goes in my mouth.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    The tracking and the support of others.
  • I really like the small, but frequent feelings of accomplishment it gives me through the updates on the personal feed. The "has logged in for __ days in a row!" and the "logged under calorie limit for the day!" are great daily motivators where you otherwise might not have any. It really is a great weight loss tool :)
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    I like the food bit, the excercise bit is WAY off IMHO but the food seems to get it right :)
  • Logging. Calories add up fast, even if you eat really healthy. LOL
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    The success stories. I get motivated by other people and seeing their changes really helps me.