RAW COOKING??

Options
2»

Replies

• StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Next time I post something I will make sure I put in all correct info, :ohwell: backtrack...I have been using canned vegtables and fruit and the "pre-made" meals..I wanted to get away from that...
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am sure there has been posts about this, AND HERE IS ANOTHER haha.. Just wondering if anyone has any awesome Raw cooking recipes..trying to get away from processed foods, so I went out and bought tons of different kinds of raw vegetables,chicken and fruit! Thanks!!

The only thing i've got is...... Get a bowel, Fill it up about halfway with some low calorie ranch salad dressing. Wash raw food. Now just start dipping away! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!! Everything tastes better with Ranch. :love:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Is raw cooking an oxymoron?
  • JessJessB
    JessJessB Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love to do "ingredients" dinners- so instead of making a sandwich or a cooked meal I'll make a plate of things. My favorite is Boar's Head cracked pepper turkey breast, feta cheese, raw veggies, pickles, and a slice of great bread. I eat each thing individually so I get to enjoy everything on its own, and it lasts longer.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    If you want to get into raw food, you could also try to juice your vegetables. Lots of people that eat raw do this along with low heat cooking and minimally processing of fruits and vegetables. Making your own vinaggrette also cuts on consumption of overly processed dressings.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am sure there has been posts about this, AND HERE IS ANOTHER haha.. Just wondering if anyone has any awesome Raw cooking recipes..trying to get away from processed foods, so I went out and bought tons of different kinds of raw vegetables,chicken and fruit! Thanks!!

The only thing i've got is...... Get a bowel, Fill it up about halfway with some low calorie ranch salad dressing. Wash raw food. Now just start dipping away! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!! Everything tastes better with Ranch. :love:

I don't know about filling a bowel halfway up with anything, but this approach to eating certainly sounds like an effective way to completely (and somewhat violently) empty a bowel.

I eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies, sometimes too much at once...and I'm just saying.

:indifferent:
  • kimberlyhoffman4
    Options
    Try roasted squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts, red peppers and tomatoes. Coat with olive oil, seasonings of your liking, and bake for 20-30 minutes at 400-425 degrees. I use, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Just make sure to cook the brussel sprouts about 10 minutes longer than everything else.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options

I thought the only food consumed from within a body part was Scottish haggis. I would prefer not to eat anything that is dipped in a bowel. A bowl, maybe.

:noway:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I thought the only food consumed from within a body part was Scottish haggis. I would prefer not to eat anything that is dipped in a bowel. A bowl, maybe.
    Who's snarky now? ;-)
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Who's snarky now? ;-)

That would be me! ;-)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Ranch bowels.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

no one is filling up my bowel with ranch dressing. and i don't think it'll improve the taste either. unless it's a LOT of ranch dressing.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Chicken sushi! !! Aka..salmonella on a stick!