Just had my dietician appointment... seriously?

Options
2»

Replies

• Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    my mom had a friend that went to a diettiction and he told him that
    when you start breathing hard when your eating that means your full and to stop eating.

i dont know if its true or not,but,yeah.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    my dietician appt sucked as well. She was like.. wow you excercise, wow you keep a detailed diary, you meausure everything.. you know your an inspiration i have always had trouble with my weight.. I wanted to bad to say obviously!! She eventually said I am not helping you much am I. I told her no she was not. I needed someone who knew what they were doing to look at it and could she please refer me. If I get a bill I will refuse payment and I'll dispute the charge with my insurance. OH she did give me a referral sent it to me in the mail, to the exact same one I pulled off the internet when I left her office.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    my mom had a friend that went to a diettiction and he told him that
    when you start breathing hard when your eating that means your full and to stop eating.

i dont know if its true or not,but,yeah.

considering some of the stuff folks from Louisiana eat and how long it can take to crack into, I could see some folks getting winded while eating. (grew up in Tensas Parish fwiw).
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    "You have to start eating breakfast. That is non-negotiable for me."
    "It is so important that you start working grains into your diet. Try bread and pasta. They can be gluten-free if you want, but you have to have them."
    "You can't get enough carbs just from eating fruits and vegetables."
    "Be sure you're eating every 3-4 hours, so your metabolism doesn't slow down."
    "Grapes and cheese is a great snack, just make sure it's low-fat cheese."
    "If you don't get enough carbs from grains and starches to fuel your muscles, your lean muscle mass will decrease."

I'm actually livid right now. I can't stand anyone trying to tell me the "one true way," especially not when I've communicated my lifestyle choices (in this case, paleo with some primal days), and emphasized that I want to make a plan that respects those choices. Thanks very much for the body comp, and excuse me if I don't listen to a damned word you say.

lmao well you did gathered some of her information and was able to write it down. Lol.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know how you prefer to eat....so why did you even go to a dietician? I see these posts a lot from people, reciting what the dietician says and then stating that they have no intention on following his or her advice and I'm always wondering why people spend the time and money to go to one if they already know the answers they want to hear.

Yep.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I went to a dietitian once.
    She told me that if I forced my self to eat a great big beautiful salad every day for lunch that I would come to look forward to it. I HATE salads. She was a vegetarian, so I asked her if she forced herself to eat liver every day for lunch, would she come to look forward to it?
    A diet a person is unwilling to follow will not benefit them.
  • positivepineapple
    Options
    "You have to start eating breakfast. That is non-negotiable for me."
    "It is so important that you start working grains into your diet. Try bread and pasta. They can be gluten-free if you want, but you have to have them."
    "You can't get enough carbs just from eating fruits and vegetables."
    "Be sure you're eating every 3-4 hours, so your metabolism doesn't slow down."
    "Grapes and cheese is a great snack, just make sure it's low-fat cheese."
    "If you don't get enough carbs from grains and starches to fuel your muscles, your lean muscle mass will decrease."

I'm actually livid right now. I can't stand anyone trying to tell me the "one true way," especially not when I've communicated my lifestyle choices (in this case, paleo with some primal days), and emphasized that I want to make a plan that respects those choices. Thanks very much for the body comp, and excuse me if I don't listen to a damned word you say.

um wow.... Grains can actually be damaging for some people, fruits and vegetables are a superior source of carbohydrates. Pasteurized dairy can be harmful as well.
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    See a nutritionist not a dietician...the differences between them are spelled right out in their titles.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what the reason behind you going was? It seems you already know what 'plan' you want to go with.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Being told eating carbs to help the muscles is a load of rubbish.
    Protein with healthy fats is what helps muscles, though Carbs will help with energy if you eat them at the right time before working out.
    Like everything, there are healthy and unhealthy Fats, Proteins and Carbs.
    This person obviously had a narrow scope on things and was only looking to grab (your money) and run.
    You're better off eating what you want in moderation and let the body scales decide.
    There's plenty of good advice here and it's free.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    See a nutritionist not a dietician...the differences between them are spelled right out in their titles.

THIS ONE!