Hello!

kellycasey5
kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys! I am totally new to myfitnesspal following the recommendation to try the iphone app and I must say I am in love! Once I saw that Trader Joes almond butter and my fave frozen wonton soup from Costco were already in the database I knew that this was the perfect answer to my food journal. I work night shifts and just recently went back to school so eating and exercise has been difficult. Some days I wake up at 6 am to go to school, others I am awake at 8am following working all night. I recently edited my food categories to reflect the time and am striving to eat small amounts every 3 hours or so, which is also a challenge when work gets busy. Our ER is running a biggest loser for the next 3 months with weekly weigh-ins and top 3 winners of biggest weight/body fat % get the prize money from the buy in. I honestly don't care if I win-I just want those extra 10 pounds gone! I am very excited to try this-all of the doctors I work with say the main way to achieve weight loss and maintenance is by monitoring caloric intake and food journal along with moderate exercise. This site has all 3 so for 2010 I will be giving this a whirl! And hey, 3 pounds down so far so plus I am already eating better (who wants to log a handful of lays or cookies eaten at 4 am at work anyways so best not to eat them)!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.