TMI...But I need to know! FOR LADIES ONLY PLEASE!

Options
Yesterday was my first Zumba class. It was AWESOME, but half way through my nipples were really hard and in terrible pain. I was trying to keep up and the pain was so distracting. After we cooled down I was just fine, but I was just wondering if this has happened to any other ladies during a workout and/or what do you do to avoid this condition. I know its a funny post and we'll get lots of giggles but I'm serious. I really want to continue Zumba but OUCH!

Replies

• ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Never did Zumba but I would highly suggest a padded bra.
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have never experienced this. I would get a padded sports bra and make sure that you have a PROPER fitting one so that it's holding everything in place. No chaffing if nothing is jiggling. I have heard of this happening to runners in marathons, even getting bloody nipples. If you need to you can always put some lotion or vasalene (spelling?) to prevent chafing. Good luck.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I will get me some sports bras and put vaseline on them, but it wasn't chafing...it was super hard nipples! LMAO!!!!! My man don't even get my nipples that hard. LMAO!!!! I will take these suggestions though. THANKS!!!!!
  • hummzz
    Options
    Thanks!
  • cldaugherty
    cldaugherty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have normally heard about this for people who are really aerobic, heavy set, and/or not wearing appropriate supportive undergarments. I would make sure you are properly hydarted with water, wearing appropriate sports bra that keeps you locked and loaded. You can do some research on the internet. When I first started running a lot, I was having some difficulty and all I needed to do was by a closer fitting bra and some tighter shirts. Good luck!!
  • hummzz
    Options
    Awesome...of course Zumba is very aerobic and of course I am heavy set. 2 strikes against me. I am gonna get me some sport bras for sure!
  • HMToomey
    Options
    Get tighter bras. Try them on at the store and jump in them. Padding will help as well. Had the same problem when I shrunk out of all my bras the last time!
  • hummzz
    Options
    Thanks!!!! That seems to be the consensus. :D