is my meal for tommorow healthy ?

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Define what you mean by healthy.

For me, I would say no, if it is one day, no biggie, but if that is a regular occurrence you are going to be very short on micro nutrients (vitamins and minerals), and on protein.

You can switch out the snacks for fruit or Greek yogurt, and instead of the cereal try a salad topped with grilled chicken.
  • Chrysy87
    Chrysy87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No veggies and no fruit..of course it's not healthy. But I think you already knew that.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?

OMG. I was thinking the same thing.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'd substitute 2 of your whole eggs with the equivalent in egg whites and leave only 1 whole egg for breakfast... fewer calories and honestly just as satisfying IMO.

Ditch the pre-packaged bars/snacks for fresh fruit, natural almonds, yogurt, or maybe veggies like baby carrots or celery with dressing, cream cheese, or a low fat dip.

Add some lean protein in for your dinner... even if it's just rolled up deli meat.

And I'd also suggest maybe spreading out your calories throughout the day more with smaller meals more frequently.

But that being said, you have to do what works for you and your schedule so if granola bars are an easy "on the go" food for you instead of getting those next time you're at the market try substituting some of those with some fresh easy fruit (like apples or grapes) so you can make a transition away from some of the more processed stuff and towards more nutrient rich foods.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Do you have any clue how much money you would have if you didn't buy so much processed food??? Lots of great tips have been given, follow them.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I looked over your diary for the last few days. Is there a reason you aren't eating dinner? It looks like most of your days consist of snack foods and you are consistently eating under your caloric goal. You might lose weight this way, but you will not be healthy. I think I would be starving if I ate some of the meals that you are eating.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yea I'd say too much sugar and grains with not enough veggies and fruit.
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son would punch babies for a meal schedule like that.

I am going to steal this phrase. LOL!
  • runnninginmd
    Options
    This is obviously a joke meant to get a rise out of people... no way this person actually thinks that is healthy/satisfying.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I would try subbing in "real" for your snacky foods. Instead of having 2 packages of fruit snacks, have an apple and an orange, or an apple with a little peanut butter. Instead of honey roasted peanuts, try raw almonds - you can have more per serving and almonds have more nutritional value and make you feel fuller.

this. More natural fruits and veggies!!!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You should "reveal" your sodium tracker, it must be through the roof with all that processed food. Sorry, but I would change everything.
  • geminijai
    Options
    How about just 2 eggs and 1 slice of cheese with the Morningstar patty for breakfast? And why 2 servings of cereal PLUS peanut butter for lunch with NO dinner? I'd say if you're gonna have cereal for lunch, try only 1 serving and either skip the PB entirely and sub for fruit- or eat half the quantity of PB and still incorporate fruit for added nutrition and fullness. I try to stick to veggie/fruit ("real" foods) or greek yogurt for snacks because they have fiber and/or protein and are much more filling. Not trying to judge... Just saying.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?

OMG. I was thinking the same thing.

^^^mhmmm. :sick:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am hungry just looking at that. I would raise the overall protein for the day. Cereal like that never really fills me up. I'd rather have a sandwich, a big salad, or leftovers from dinner the night before. I'd add more fruits and veggies to get more nutrients into your diet.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a joke? A veggie burger with 3 eggs for breakfast and 2 bowls of cereal along with sugary snacks? Replace the sugar and unhealty fats with some lean protein. Not sure if you are a vegetarian but if not, get some chicken or turkey in there! Plus, fresh fruits and vegetables. You have absolutely nothing nutricious planned.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    And just in case this post is for real, maybe you should take a look at my diary for today. I have about 3 times the amount of food as you with about the same amount of calories, but WAY more nutrients.

Morningstar isn't that healthy, it's full of sodium and it's processed out the waazoo. Plus it's expensive as hel!. Your cereal as tons of sugar. Actually, most "healthy" snack foods are full of sugar and sodium. I only eat these every once in awhile, usually when I'm very short on time and groceries at home. These are what your diet consists of. Not good.

Go get yourself some fresh/frozen veggies, fruits, beans.... Something nutritious, please. You're diet flat out sucks.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Where's your vegetables? While I'm happy you've added fruit...where's your vegetables? Your day (or at least if you look at your week) should be a beautiful, bold primary rainbow with lots of reds, blues, purples, greens, yellows, oranges (and I'm talking NATURAL colors not dyes). Look at your day....what colors are you eating? If all your eating is brown and beige...healthy is a big fat no...okay maybe not quite that...but its lacking.

BTW -- I will open my diary so you can see what I eat...not saying I'm perfect every day but when you place my food for a week on a table...it should be vibrant not dull.
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son would punch babies for a meal schedule like that.

LMAO - I love it.

Plus I agree with the rest of the posters. More real food, less crappy sugar items
  • Nicolelovestocook
    Options
    Replace your breakfast w/ 2 or 3 egg whites w/ 1 oz. of reduced fat cheddar cheese with a can of V8

Have 2 snacks throughout the day that look something like this: plain greek yogurt and an apple, 1 oz. string cheese and a few whole grain crackers.

Lunch and dinner should have equal amounts of protein 4-5 oz. and equal amounts of vegetables 1-2 cups.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/bcf7683

There's some real food in there.
    Sure, I have the "diet" snack food, but that doesn't happen often. I'm just dangerously low on groceries this week.