Gripe! Women friends who lie to me about their weight/size

Options
I have two close friends. If I say, "I'm down to 148 pounds . . . " They say, "Oh really? I'm only 130 pounds"

Or when shopping, "I need a size 10". They say, "Oh really? I'm only an 8."

HERE'S THE KICKER . . . . they are ALL fatter then me!

I just HATE IT! Perhaps I need some new friends!

Replies

• amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree! WTH is wrong with them that they think they need to validate themselves by beating your weight/size/whatever. If you said you won the lotto, they would probably have also won, but more. 0_O
  • imback
    Options
    OMG thats crazy ya know all that means is your hotter than they are lol
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem... My friends tell me Im not as fat as I think I am when Im standing naked in front of the mirror. Hello??? Lol

For some people, pride is is an easy pill to swallow and a harder pill to regurgitate.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Who cares?! What kind of new friends do you want?

Some that are fatter than you and aware of it so you can feel superior or some that are thinner than you so that they will still say those things? I love my friends of all sizes and by the way, what are you trying to accomplish by telling them how much you weigh?
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think she wants friends who will be supportive. And nice. That is not unreasonable. To say "I'm ONLY an eight" when someone says they are a ten is very unkind. Doesn't really matter if it is true or not.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    These two like to come over to my house for a beer/snack time in the evenings. Both are single mothers and my husband is, unfortunately, gone for an extended amount of time. So, I'm not drinking the beers & snacking with them. I'm drinking my water with lemon juice. They ask, "What's up with the water?" I tell them that I'm back on the fitness wagon, dieting for 2 weeks, .... this started the conversation that ended with the snipes. Instead of cheering me on, they are like . .. . slurping their beers, puffing smokes, and then start in on me.

I guess that's why I'm in a griping mood. They are "against" my goals. Friends are about having things in common, or at least cheering each other on.

I don't care what size my friends are, as long as they are friends.
  • nil8r
    nil8r Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why those particular friends need to say any thing about their own weight/size at all. A congrats would be sufficient. Sounds like they have some insecurities or envy.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    You have to give yourself a bit longer than 2 weeks to lose 18lbs.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Okay, well I guess that is a good point. Yes, supportive friends would be really good for you!!! Congratulations on your successes and don't let them pull you down.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have lost & regained the same 13 pounds for the past few years! My own, personal yo-yo.
  • pigpen66
    pigpen66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't let your friends drag you down! You are doing this for your own well being, not for anyone else, right? You are taking care of you, so why should it matter?